Lincoln Table Saw Question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have been lurking for a while now but have recently bought an old Lincoln table saw and wanted some advice. The saw is in really good nick but the thread rod that adjusts blade mitre is missing. I have measured it and I think it's about 0.5 in / 13mm ish and I wondered where i might get one with a matching screw thread. I have the 'bolt' bit that its on the motor arrangement and the wiring handle too so its not far from being tickerty boo.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Craig

how old is the saw? the first job will be to identify whether the thread is imperial or metric. The age and manufacturing company will help here

Thanks for the reply.

I believe it is imperial and in my vernier, it is .5in but its difficult due to the rake of the thread to be more accurate. The company is Lincoln and i think its about 30 years old.

i think that i would try and get hold of a few BSW bolts of known thread and give them a try first, then fabricate the replacement part.

Back