• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Limited number, 50% Off, Newly Upgraded, 2024 Triton triple blade Planer TPL180, 180mm.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC_0000185.jpg

I's a beast, small it isn't. 1800w of brushed motor will wake the dead (as was to be expected).
I didn't really think to get it til I saw it upside down in the vice - I can make an angle iron cradle and use it that way, using the fence mounts to hold it - working from a wheelchair is difficult sometimes, it's difficult to drill vertical holes or plane square when you're looking and working at 45° all the time.
View attachment 178633
Looks awful, I'll pm my address...🤣🤣🤣

Never considered one of these upside down. It’s more powerful than Triton TSPL152, but is the downside that there isn’t a long enough feed for stability or is there more to it than just watts?

I’m looking for a solution for squaring up 150 x 20mm boards and similar? I’m thinking of planing two sides and then band saw/track saw.

Never considered one of these upside down. It’s more powerful than Triton TSPL152, but is the downside that there isn’t a long enough feed for stability or is there more to it than just watts?

I’m looking for a solution for squaring up 150 x 20mm boards and similar? I’m thinking of planing two sides and then band saw/track saw.
If using it 'upside-down' then you'd have to decide if you have enough feed for stability on the length of timbers being planed. I'm intending to make a unit to fit it into for when using in such a position - extending the infeed and outfield ends. I've seen such units for the more usual sized electric planes so should be easy to upside-down for this.

Latest posts

Back