• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Limited number, 50% Off, Newly Upgraded, 2024 Triton triple blade Planer TPL180, 180mm.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up: 50% off, less than 40 units available of this Planer.

Read previous reviews/comments in an older post but just giving a heads up. £149.99 instead of £299.99... Newly updated model for 2024.

https://www.yandles.co.uk/triton-tr...163744418&mc_cid=73c8877df3&mc_eid=4e35edd68f
Can not fathom, why some, half decent tools they've designed, but designated them in UK in DIY use only in 240v, whilst offering the same tools in US under 120v designation WITH warranties as for professionals at the same time.

I want one, but lots of stories online of the base plates on these cracking in half 😄 not sure if this model or a previous one though ..

I want one, but lots of stories online of the base plates on these cracking in half 😄 not sure if this model or a previous one though ..
That put me off to start with. However, they are from a number of years ago... 5~6+?

*This is advertised as an updated model*... faster motor etc.

One would hope they'd resolved the problem of the base plates from when the earlier model, the reviews are on, came out.

3 year warranty... half price *limited number/time*... just don't go for a full depth cut in one go if you get one 🤔😉

An excellent tool for those of us with limited workshop space and budget.
I use it in the process of converting logs into boards.

Step 1: Chainsaw
Step 2: Triton TPL180 handheld (to establish a flat-ish surface)
Step 3: Triton TPL180 in a surface planer configuration

2024-03-27 18.29.59.jpg

2024-03-27 18.29.45.jpg

An excellent tool for those of us with limited workshop space and budget.
I use it in the process of converting logs into boards.

Step 1: Chainsaw
Step 2: Triton TPL180 handheld (to establish a flat-ish surface)
Step 3: Triton TPL180 in a surface planer configuration

View attachment 178331

View attachment 178332

👍. Interesting setup.
I already have the Triton TP125 thicknesser - works well for my needs. When I got the email from Yandles for this at the offer price I was thinking to set up as a surface plane to help with edge planning - depending on the fence. I'd seen mention of that 'accessory' not being useful. Your photos - last one in particular - show differently 👍🙂.

Last edited:
They haven't sold out too quickly, I've just bought one. :)
Mine arrived yesterday... yet to unpack.

They say 'Express delivery'. Ordered 24th, collected by FedEx late 25th and received 27th. I could have collected it quicker had I known express wasn't like *next day*! 🤔🤣

@chemist_dan

Unpacked yesterday. Checked over. It's 'heavy' and solid looking. Soft start. Noisy - to be expected. Not yet used but capable - handled correctly and not forced. Set up as @fleyh has is an alternative way to use - or even make a unit to hold it.

£149.98 is better than £299.99...

if you buy and dont like after inspection then you can always return it to Yandles. Or sell on later 🤔

YouTube has some videos on it - planing down some beams... LOTS of shavings 😉. Check out the videos

Last edited:
I's a beast, small it isn't. 1800w of brushed motor will wake the dead (as was to be expected).
I didn't really think to get it til I saw it upside down in the vice - I can make an angle iron cradle and use it that way, using the fence mounts to hold it - working from a wheelchair is difficult sometimes, it's difficult to drill vertical holes or plane square when you're looking and working at 45° all the time.
DSC_0000184.jpg

@Phil Pascoe
At least it starts off 'slow and low' before it reaches top crescendo 😎😉.
Yet to work out where the little knows (in the little envelope, in the box with the dust adapter) are used...🤔

Back