lift's the spirit.....mine anyway.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clogs

just can't decide
Reaction score
at 8am this morning.....
after 10 days of grey clouds n rain......
looks like summer is just around the corner....ps, we really dont get a spring.....
benefits of the sun......
no rush to fire up the wood boiler and free hot water via solar.....
jobs today, prep work for a new path....wheel chair friendly....n dry stone wall repairs....
IMG_4956.jpeg

at 8am this morning.....
after 10 days of grey clouds n rain......
looks like summer is just around the corner....ps, we really dont get a spring.....
benefits of the sun......
no rush to fire up the wood boiler and free hot water via solar.....
jobs today, prep work for a new path....wheel chair friendly....n dry stone wall repairs....
View attachment 153272
Wouldn't get tired of looking at that view.
At my end of the world it's blowing it knickers off and with torrential rain - Cyclone Gabrielle.
Our last remaining road out of town is closed due to downed trees and slips and we are advised to be ready to evacuate.

Just seen the news about ur storm....
downed trees, mmmmmm
I'd be out with the chain saw and pick up....
of course, then u'll need a new drying shed........
sorrymate.....

At my end of the world it's blowing it knickers off and with torrential rain - Cyclone Gabrielle.
Our last remaining road out of town is closed due to downed trees and slips and we are advised to be ready to evacuate.
Yikes 😱 How are you meant to evacuate with no roads?

Well that was fun... not!
We have power and internet back on now after 34 hours without, and are just getting to hear about the full extent of the disaster.
Firstly the child bride and I, and Whangamata village got off lightly. A bit of a mess from fallen trees to clean up, power lines to reinstate etc and a number of homes along the seafront are a lot closer to the ocean now than they were a couple of days ago.
For just the third time in our history we have a State of National Emergency declared as Cyclone Gabrielle is still making a nuisance of itself further down the country, and the figures relating to it are not very nice. 105 knots of wind, 7 metre swells pounding the east coast, some serious injuries to firefighters assisting in houses swept away by land slips, 250,000 evacuated during the height of the cyclone, 2500 people made homeless due to their homes either destroyed or rendered uninhabitable. And Napier which is a pretty sizeable city will be without power for weeks so they say.
There are just two roads into the Coromandel peninsula where Whangamata is situated. One is out of action from the last cyclone a couple of weeks back and has an estimated 18 month reinstatement time and the other one is closed now as well but hopefully not for too long.
On the plus side though, a lot of generosity and other good stuff going on. Big disasters do bring out the best in people.

Mmmmm ........... I know those roads, my sister's a naturalised Kiwi, she has a house in Opoutere.
Whangamata is a lovely place. Great pies.:)
Most of the side roads from the highway out to the east coast are closed but not the one to Opoutere so your sister should be ok, so long as she doesn't want to go north to Whitianga or leave the Coromandel that is. But she should come to Whangamata sooner rather than later if she needs to restock. According to my wife the shelves in our one and only supermarket are starting to look a bit barren.

Back