Liberon Spirit Dyes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahking51

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
One for Terry Smart I suspect!
Just tried to order some 15ml pots of Liberon Spirit dyes from Axminster.I saw on the website they only list black at £2.66 a pot, so I called to see if they still did red and blue.
I was told they could get it on special order for an extra charge of £5 per item!
Needless to say thatwas the end of that idea!
Anyone know if this can be got elsewhere?
Regards
Martin

mahking51":2gn61h0x said:
One for Terry Smart I suspect!
Not sure that Terry will be selling you Liberon anything, but Chestnut do some nice spirit dyes. I have used red and black, they made things look red or black, what more can I say. :whistle:

Hey, I don't mind talking about other people's products...

For my own peace of mind I checked with Axminster and I think there has been a communication breakdown somewhere, and it's a little complicated so I'm not too surprised...

The £5 charge for a special order replaces the normal postal charge of £3.95 and is not an 'extra' charge. (I got the impression that for small items the charge would stay at £3.95.) There is only only one charge, regardless of the number of items ordered unless the order including the special item is for £45 or more in which case postage is free and there is no charge made.

The justification for this is that some companies will make an extra carriage charge for special orders if delivery is made for just one item or for sending direct in the case of tools etc.
I know from experience that placing special orders can be time consuming for Axminster - an extra £1.05 doesn't seem that bad when you're ordering an item for £44, but at the lower end of the scale I can imagine it can be frustrating!

I hope that makes sense... if not let me know!

Back