Les Thorne demo at Didcot & District Woodturners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Brookes

Established Member
Reaction score
On Wednesday 23rd September, Didcot & District Woodturners are hosting an evening demo by the inimitable Les Thorne.
The venue is Harwell Village Hall, High Street, Harwell, Oxon. OX11 0EX.
All welcome, starts at 7.30p.m., Admission £4, tea and coffee available.

Thanks Dave - If I can I may try and pop along, although start a new job that week so will have to see.

Are you involved in the Didcot and District Woodturners club? I'll give it a Google, but am hoping to get turning this winter so will be keen to learn from others if I can.

Dont just 'turn up' You should at a least get the promise of a chairman made cuppa tea. I did.

He's not bad at making tea. :)

I don't want to hijack the thread but Les is getting the miles in before then - I hope we don't wear him out for you.

He's demo'ing at the Barrow in Furness on club Friday night (18th), Cumbria Woodturners (Burneside near Kendal) on Saturday (19th), Border Woodturners (Bampton near Carlisle) on Sunday (20th) and the Red Rose Club (Bilsborrow, near Preston) on Monday night (21st).

If you're in the area come along to one of the clubs.
I'm sure you'll be made welcome.
Jon

Les came to West Norhants a couple of months ago and was very good indeed. See him if you can - well worth the effort!

Also at the risk of hijacking the thread West Northants Woodturners are having an all day demo with Tony Wilson on Saturday the 10th of October in Weedon, Northants. It should be good if you're in the area. Details on our website at www.westnorthants.org

Hope there's not a forum rule against gratuitous advertising :)

Back