Lathe nu tool 37 or clarke 37

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beginner.

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I have just been reading about belt speeds so out of interest I opened the belt cover up I have a red plastic cover that removalable and I can see a threaded shaft. Wich then goes to the pulleys with the belt connecting to the motor pulley then onwards to the chuck / spindle.
SO what's the treaded bit for that covered by the pulley motor and red plastic cover

Item I.
Forgot to attach the photo.
Having a Homer day😃

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230701_233833_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230701_233833_OneDrive.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230701_233821_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230701_233821_OneDrive.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 0
Looking at your other thread on here I wonder if the disc you have could screw on the outboard end (possibly using a grub screw to stop it unscrewing) and the angle plate could mount on the bench the lathe is fixed to. That way you would have a permanent sanding/sharpening setup

Looking at your other thread on here I wonder if the disc you have could screw on the outboard end (possibly using a grub screw to stop it unscrewing) and the angle plate could mount on the bench the lathe is fixed to. That way you would have a permanent sanding/sharpening setup
The is not a bad idea. Better start looking for my tap and die kit.

Back