Latest effort

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John. B

Established Member
Reaction score
This was made for our club competition entitled 'Eastern Promise'

Front view

Rear view

Oblique view

A Japanese Salt and Pepper cruet set
塩とコショウ調味料入れセット

The flower on the front of the salt grinder is a ‘Shiragiku’ (White Chrysanthemum) . On the back, the scroll reads ‘Itadakimasu’ a polite phrase meaning “ I receive this food, expressing thanks to whoever worked to prepare the meal.

The flower on the front of the pepper Grinder is a ‘Tsubaki’ (White Camelia). On the back, the scroll reads ‘Sugoi gochisou desu ne’ which translates to “What a feast/It looks great”.

Description
These salt and pepper mills utilise The CrushGrind® ceramic mechanisms. The reason for this is that they are durable, adjustable and much more efficient than similar products. CrushGrind® are like no other grinders, their unique ceramic mechanism allows you to grind almost anything, including salt, pepper, coffee, herbs and spices. The mechanisms are fully adjustable from fine to coarse with 14 settings in total.

John. B

BTW I didn't win the competition.

I like the combination of the Turning and the display Gate.

The colour choices and lacquer look finish appear very 'authentic' to my eyes.

Shame to handle and risk spoiling the detail on the condiment dispensers.

BTW I didn't win the competition.
Did you get any feedback as to points deducted/not awarded?
My only critique as far as I can detect from images would be a slight discrepancy in the matching of the two actuating knobs.

Thank you Derek, Chas.

I put several coats of lacquer on the grinders with the intention of them being used.

They were made with the purpose of being a table display as well as usable table ware.

You were correct Chas, I didn't quite get the top knobs the same. :oops:

John. B

Back