Laguna Revo 12-16 Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
I have been looking at the Laguna Revo 12-16 lathe.
My criteria is variable speed bench top moveable (yes i know it will be heavy) and trade rated.
I have no aspirations to try to become a high end turner it will mainly be used for adding detail and sanding on Oak or Beech discs around 150mm dia and 15mm thick.
I am currently working on a project with an existing customer to produce around 1,000 small cake stands made up of a top disc for the cake to rest on a smaller base for the table and held together by a short piece of 30mm dowel.
Already exchanged emails with Nick from Laguna, just wanted to see if anyone owned one

Cheers
D

I can think of at least 3 of our turning club's 50 odd members that have them. They seem happy with them although one had headstock problems (bad thread) and eventually was given a replacement lathe. There are likely a few more. I have an older Nova 3000 which is pretty much the same size so would gain very little "upgrading". I don't have an issue with belt changes.

Pete

I have a CNC router which i will use to produce the discs then it will quick into the lathe to role a bead chamfer one edge and sand.
1000 is fine, In the early 80's when I was an apprentice we very often used to do 3000 on a manual capstan lathe and another regular job was to keyway sprockets on a machine in batches of 100.
The customer I am working on this project for often places orders for 700 plus CNC cut hand finished laser engraved small oak labels and signs.
Today has been a day of machining 150 square oak coasters with the plan for tomorrow being easing the edge and sanding. perhaps I am odd but its a great way to spend a day

Back