Kity 432 Planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveallen

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been given a Kity 432 planer. It needs new belts can anyone suggest from where I can buy them. I can find very little about Kity on the web. I know they were bought by Scheppach sometime ago.

Also does anyone have a manual they are prepared to copy for me, I'll happily pay for it

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve

I've got a 439 but no idea how much its diffferent. Send me your e mail address and I will send parts diagrams and the "manual" for what its worth. I also replaced the belt - will send you details with my e mail tommorrow.

Steve

Thanks Steve
I don't know how to send your an email address as it says " I don't have permission to post links"
Is there something I am missing, I'm a new member so not used to the rules
Steve

Post a few more times and you get permission for images. Read the forum instructions: they're there for the purpose and not complex.

I too have a Kity 419 (OK, not your exact model, I know). It bogs down a bit with wide hardwood, but it still copes.

Belts are almost always cheaper from third parties. Make a rough circle with the old belt and measure the diameter, or run a tape measure round it and divide by pi. If you go, take the old one with you when looking for another.

IIRC though, it's a flat belt, so not exactly rare. Belt suppliers can advise on substitutes too. Get two, in case one breaks mid-job, but that IS fairly unlikely. On the 419 it's pretty low tension, and will slip long before it breaks.

E.

Thank you Eric the Viking, am I being dumb but how do \I find the Forum's rules and instructions. I've searched the site and can find nothing related to it
Ta
Steve

There are two Announcements at the top of every section in the forum. One covers the general rules, and the other is about including pictures.

In the For Sale and Wanted sections there extra rules governing those topics.

I know forum rules tend to be contentious, but in this forum's case they're not many, not complicated, and most are there after having been found necessary at some point.

Cheers,

E.

Back