Kitchen refit - WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust

Established Member
Reaction score
It's been so long since I started my kitchen refit thread that I've lost it so here is where I have got to. Because of my day job I spent ages without making any progress but I've had a couple of free weekends and made a bit more progress so here are some pics.

Left side of the kitchen. The face frames, drawers, drawer fronts and doors are completed and fitted. They need final adjustments but as the whole lot will be dismantled before finishing, I will leave that for the final fix.

The ugly end of the cabinet will be covered with a solid beech pan rack.

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

The hinges are all from the Hettich Sensys range and have built in dampers to give a soft close

IMG_1222.jpg

The drawers are all on 50kg Blum Blumotion full extension, soft close runners. All the cabinet and drawer interiors are a mixture of solid beech and beech veneered MDF. The cabinet sides and shelves are all 19mm. The backs are all 12mm as are all of the drawer sides and bottoms.

IMG_1225.jpg

The right hand side is about half way completed. The doors are all done but I have to make the drawers and do all of the final fit and adjust but the picture shows the layout of the sink and cupboards either side of it. The worktop will be 4M long and will extend to the right over the dishwasher and fridge.

IMG_1226.jpg

The layout left and awkward corner cupboard so we decided on a spice rack.

IMG_1229.jpg

The interiors will all be treated with several coats of Danish oil, as will the worktops which will be solid oak. The face frames, doors and drawer fronts will all be painted which means that the next thing I have to learn is how to spray!

If I ever finish it, it will go with this which was finished months ago

PlateRack.jpg

Thanks for looking and any comments are always welcome

Cheers
Mike

Looks good, Mike. You must have some workshop to be able to dry-fit a kitchen like that! :shock: :wink:

How have you jointed the drawer boxes?

OPJ":3n5pupih said:
Looks good, Mike. You must have some workshop to be able to dry-fit a kitchen like that! :shock: :wink:

How have you jointed the drawer boxes?

Thanks,

It's not that big workshop, just a double garage; about 20ft x 20ft. I had to move things round a bit to fit it all together but I can still use everything.

The drawer bottom is glued into a groove in the sides, front and back, the back is glued into a groove in the side and the front is biscuit jointed to the sides.

Cheers
Mike

Back