Jigsaw Blades - Straight Cut - Plywood (Hardwood)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieStew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Bosch jigsaw blades...I'm absolutely baffled!

I have a Mafell P1CC...looking for some blades to cut some 18mm hardwood ply, straight cut.

Can someone help a dozy geordie?

Cheers

Doesnt the mafell use its own special triangular blades> I've seen the adverts.

I have got 5 Jigsaws including 2 Festool and no matter how hard I have tried over the years with different blades I still can't cut a straight line.

sunnybob":2b926jyu said:
Doesnt the mafell use its own special triangular blades> I've seen the adverts.
It does. They're about £20 each. Will save them for something worthwhile. I'm just playing for now. May just buy half a dozen packs of Bosch and see which I prefer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

i have a makita jigsaw. its a last resort weapon because it also cannot cut straight for more than 2 inches.
I looked at the mafell but the price is just plain silly for a hobbyist.

I just don't have the space for bandsaw and table saw. The mafell seems to do most of what I need right now. It may not be the best at those things, but it'll do.

Just looked at the worx saw. Isnt that just an angle grinder with a wood blade fitted?

GeordieStew":ln9dt9n3 said:
I just don't have the space for bandsaw and table saw. The mafell seems to do most of what I need right now. It may not be the best at those things, but it'll do.

I generally use Bosch jigsaw blades, they work well. But tbh, for a straight cut in sheet material a, cheap tracksaw would be a much better option, IMHO.

HTH P

worn thumbs":2vaw1lzr said:
Bosch T101B .

Yep those are the ones you want.

Just run the jigsaw against a straight baton clamped to the ply for a nice straight cut.

A fence is ok for ply, but for ripping wood it's probably better not to use one - if the blade follows the grain and drifts towards the fence you can't correct it. Assuming the saw has an anti splinter insert it doesn't make that much difference which blades you use ... having said that I wouldn't use T111c blades for anything.

I have 2.4m of the Mafell/Bosch track. I would buy an appropriate, handheld saw if anyone has some recommendations!

If you google - flush cutting jigsaw blades- you will see some blades that are about 30mm from front cutting edge to the back of the blade. One of these was supplied with a new dewalt jigsaw I bought a while ago. They are intended to allow the cutting edge to be level with the sole plate of the saw to enable cutting right up to say a skirting board. I used mine for making straight cuts in sheet materials, it proved to be very good for the purpose and produced a nice straight edge when used to follow a pencil line and worked as well as a handsaw. I didn't bother to buy a replacement when it became blunt since they were priced at about £8 per blade at that time.

Had to use the makita jigsaw today, all it had to do was cut a dead straight line across 24 cm of 4 cm thick teak. The teak is soft as butter. The jigsaw went wonky half way across and the blade tilted all by itself.
Horrible things jigsaws.

Teak may appear to be soft but it normally contains high levels of minerals which take the edge of cutting tools at incredible speed. For instance HSS knives in a planer will be blunted to the point where the timber is being hammered after less than two metres have been planed. TCT knives are the only answer. I suggest you have a good look at that blade.

Latest posts

Back