jet spares

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't think so. you may be able to find somebody willing to order them for you, but they will just order from axminster.

In a similar vein...

I bought a second hand Jet JWP-12 Benchtop Thicknesser a few weeks back. All was well and good until suddenly it stopped working. It's getting power (there is a faint buzz as I switch it on/off as the switch goes past the 1/2 way point). I've pressed the reset switch and nothing doing. The last thing I did before it went ker-flooey was planing a slice of fir (end-grain).

Any ideas guys? If not, does anyone know anywhere in central Scotland to get it looked at?

i know nothing about electrical things, but I would hazard a guess that somebody will mention a start capacitor before too much longer...

marcros":3h8laz7x said:
i know nothing about electrical things, but I would hazard a guess that somebody will mention a start capacitor before too much longer...
Bench top Thicknessers in the main have universal motors so no run/start capacitors involved.

Sounds to me like something is jammed, surprised the input fuse has not blown though if that's the case.

Latest posts

Back