Jet 16-32 Drum sander owners:

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrums

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi -

Would any of you be so kind, next time you're in your workshop to measure the outside dimensions of it's leg stand, ie: corner to corner footprint of the stand on the floor.

I've just ordered one and being too tight to shell out £13 a corner on Jet castors, thought I'd make my own, ready for when it arrives.

Your help would be greatly appreciated gentlemen....grovel, grovel, etc.... :oops:

Chris.

I hope I am not going to upset anyone by saying this but I had a 16/32 and had a succession of problems with it and found it very difficult to get a good finish, and could never achieve wider than the 16" as ended up with a line where the two halves met and I had spent hours and hours trying to get it accurate.

Ended up selling it and replacing it with an Axminster Senior Drum sander ( http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-ax ... prod23258/ ) and the two are chalk and cheese. I know the Senior if about £350 more but for the solid build quality and results its worth every penny.

My opinion anyway - maybe I just had a Friday Afternoon 16/32

Rog

I hope I am not going to upset anyone by saying this but

Upset....? wot me upset - just spent 700 notes, not even got it yet...upset?....nahhh :(

Been doing a bit of reading up though - on an American site there was someone with exactly the same problem, something to do with mounting fixings pulling up too tight/not tight enough and flexing the frame. Concensus of opinion is that it's a good machine.....so I live in hope. :D

Chris.

As I said Badger I think I just had a Friday afternoon machine - Just after I got mine and had it for about 2 years I remember seeing one demo'd at Fakenham Tool Centre and was amazed because mine just would not do what that one was doing.

My sanding drum used to stop at the slightest pressure and end up tripping etc - I had Jet come out and look at it twice as well as spending many hours trying to get it to work & rise and fall also had loads of play in it - anyway I'm very happy with what I have got now.

Thinking about it I may even still have some abrasives for the 16/32 - I will have a look when I am back in the workshop next week - If I have you are welcome to them.

Regards

Rog

Back