Is a router really worth £750 ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Says currently out of stock, Because demand is high or its an expensive bit of kit to have gathering dust.

Take away the 2 systainers and all the other bits and peices that come with it and its probably more affordable. Actually they do sell the router on its own, Still £540 :shock: .

Whats ugly got to do with it ?

My ugly :shock: (but loved) makita router gets used on average 2 or 3 times a month doing doors (locks and hinges) or kitchen worktops. But even so its far too much money.

There's a guy on the site who has a pair of them, great bits of kit.
Everything is so easy to adjust on them, and the dust extraction is excellent. To secure or remove a cutter, the nut is on a ratchet system, thats a godsend when its easy to replace cutters 10 times or more a day.
It's much the same as the Kapex, very expensive, but mine is worth every penny.

MooreToolsPlease":1ur8q65b said:
Everything is so easy to adjust on them, and the dust extraction is excellent. To secure or remove a cutter, the nut is on a ratchet system, thats a godsend when its easy to replace cutters 10 times or more a day.

Only if you want to work like theres no tomorrow....If you do not own one or never have used one you do not know the time saved....oh heck who cares about time(Coming Boss) have to talk to you later its all about the money. :D

PS I love Mine :)

Yes, it is a HUGE amount of money for a portable power tool!

But ........... it has unique features, that until you try one you will just continue to miscall it! Dust extraction, cutter changing, handle position and general ergonomics make it a great design with well thought out features.

I had a try at our local dealer a few months ago when they got the first ones in and was well impressed. I was even quite interested. Until I got a quote for some accessories!

Dewalts numbers five and six have been purchased since then!!

Dave.

MooreToolsPlease":3a8vfa1i said:

After nearly twenty years of faithful service I've just started to upgrade my Elu routers. I've started with a Festool 1010, for hand held use to replace my worn out Elu MOF96 with a cable that's now almost completely patched with tape from one end to the other!

I begrudged the purchase as I'd been satisfied with my Elu's, but having used the Festool 1010 I'm a convert! In particular the dust extraction is streets ahead, plus it's easier to hold and operate, quieter, easier to adjust, etc.

I'd previously thought that router design had gone about as far as it could with Elu, but it's clear that the last two decades have seen some real design progress. I'm now debating which Festool router to get in place of my Elu 177e.

Custard - I have a 177, and to tell you the truth, whilst the Festool 2200 is excellent (have tried it) I would rather have a new elu. Point being, my Elu started life as a site tool, 25 odd years ago, got the rubbish kicked out of it on site, went to college - where pupils who didn't buy or upkeep the tool experimented with it, sometimes doing unnatural things with it. Then to me
aged 25 odd. I have had it 3 years, and it works as well, if not better than the DeWalt, which funnily enough is a copy of the Elu.

25 years of abuse. Think the Festool could do it? Maybe it could, point is ; it HASN"T. Yet.

It is a great tool, the Festool. But the Elu is a legend. And it is proven.

I would love the OF2200, but if I could only have one or other would defo go for the Elu.

Just my 2p

Neil

Latest posts

Back