Irwin laser guide for mitre saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
I have tried many times to buy a laser guide on E bay without success - they went for between £35 and £45 with carraige. As a last resort I tried Ebay.com and found a buynow price delivered of £25.52 from 64ernie. His terms state that delivery would be at least 28 days - mine was delivered in 7 days . What a result

Hi Barry, I've seen these many times on ebay and have even bidded on one or two, but the prices got too high for my liking......I might give this bloke a shot though...

What do you think of the Laser is it any good?

What Saw do you have?

Cheers

SimonA

Simon,

One of the promotional pieces on the Woodworking Channel http://www.thewoodworkingchannel.com/ shows a bloke retro-fitting and using a laser guide on, I think, a DeWalt mitre saw. Not sure how often the add pops up, but it might help you decide whether you think they are any good.

Hope this helps :wink:

Paul

Errr... dunno if you know this but Axminster sell them for £16.56. See here for the info.

Only reason I know is that I was browsing through the Axminster catalogue the other day and came across it.

I installed the laser on my dewalt 701 mitre saw today - went very well but the movable saw guard is just touching the laser disk. It looks like the guard was badly pressed and has a little excess metal that is causing the problem
I have to either use my grinder or drimmel to remove the excess.
Will try to complete it tomorrow.

I only got round to removing the excess on the blade guard close to the arbour that was touching the laser guide. In the end I had to remove about 5mm to make sure that it did not touch. What a difference with the laser- a must - a total time saver.

Hi Barry I just came accross your post I hope you don't mind would this laser guide fit the elektra bekum sliding miter saw ? Best regards

leptus":2vq7dqzz said:
Hi Barry I just came accross your post I hope you don't mind would this laser guide fit the elektra bekum sliding miter saw ? Best regards

Don't think he will see this.

Barry last visited Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:42 pm, 7 years ago. :(

Mick

Hi leptus, I just saw this post myself and think I will be getting one in the near future for my RAGE3-B. From what i have read it will fit just about any but you may need top alter the kerf of blade you use or remove and grind the blade guard.

Cheers
Mark

Thanks mark I hope you let's know how you got on please post a picture or a video to see the how it worked for you. Best regards
Abb

Chaps...I've been umming and ahhing about laser guides for a while now. Given your recent experiences....are they any good? By which I mean are they really precise? I use my chopsaw for cabinet making work mostly so cant afford the 1mm tolerance type rough work often used in construction. The obvious advantage of the laser would be great but I'm "stuck" on the idea its aimed at less accurate needs. Tell me I'm wrong please :)

Everything i have read (not used one myself) indicates it is accurate once it is setup. I no the added laser shows to the left of the blade. Obvious since it is mounted to the left of it :p but once you take hat into account everyone seems to say it cuts spot on. Some people said they draw the mark to the laser others draw it to the blade and place the material as needed.

I cannot see the point of these things, it’s just a gimmick, if you cannot saw spot on then maybe you should take up gardening or cooking.

Back