Internet Explorer - Another security flaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyW":2x3q3no2 said:
Deejay":2x3q3no2 said:
I would think that the instruction to use a particular font is sent out from the web page, but if that font isn't found in the browser software some sort of default is used instead.
AFAIK you are correct in that instructions for a particular font is sent from the web page.

Just checked my version of IE6 Internet Options / General Tab/ Fonts.
The fonts you select are displayed on Web pages that do not specify text font
My basic settings:
Web page font = Times New Roman, Plain text font Courier New

In Firefox
Content tab - Fonts & Colours = Times New Roman Size 16.
Click on Advanced and check mark "Allow pages to choose their own fonts instead of my selections above"

Hope that may be of some help

Cheers :D
Tony

Hello Tony

My IE set up the same as yours, which is probably the default.

I can force Firefox to use a given font, but I don't particularly like any of the options. Looks like I'll have to put up with it.

I did notice another 'anomaly'. Links within text are highlighted in blue on the forum. In Firefox, at least on my machine, full addresses appear in blue, but 'word ' links show in black.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... hp?t=28598

is an example. The word 'this' comes up in blue in IE but in black in Firefox.
I also get dozens of warnings in the error console which I don't really understand.

Anyone else using Firefox and having similar niggles?

Cheers

Dave

Microsoft have now released a security update for IE7 which they say fixes the problem, it is available from their website or via auto updates.

john

'Microsoft have now released a security update for IE7 which they say fixes the problem, it is available from their website or via auto updates.'

Thanks John

Dave

Latest posts

Back