Interesting library pictures? Anyone got any?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PokerG

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of redesigning our main living room into a library. We are aiming for a gentlemans club/college library look with fire and regency winged armchairs.

I am looking for inspiration from you guys (and gals) if any of you have seen anything anywhere whether its in a stately home, castle, house or just a series of bookshelves that you have made yourselves, can you send me a link or post an image.

Thanks,

Gary

jeff-library-large.jpg

looks good!

I am in the process of doing a library 10m 'U' shape in oak at the moment. well will start after Easter when I have visited the outlaws in Kirkcaldy.

I will do a 'wip' when I start but until then you will get an enormous amount of ideas from this site.

http://www.thistlejoinery.co.uk/index.html

Hope this helps.

Marky

I saw their site a few years ago and thought i'd save the link as they have some interesting ideas.

Have you seen any of their work Jake..

No, I've never stopped in. Called them once to inquire about some windows, and was sent away with a flea in my ear - then looked them up on the net to find out why they'd been quite so sniffy. Pretty high class, pricey, stuff. No sign of that from the outside.

Although from what the site says...

They only make in MDF. Looks good though, but at those prices I would think so...

Marky":3d3as5gg said:
They only make in MDF. Looks good though, but at those prices I would think so...

Hadn't noticed the MDF thing - they disguise it well.

There's some very nice panelling & library units by Mike Hide here.

And also, don't laugh :D , but if you have Sky or cable - look out for re-runs of "Monarch of the Glen" - they have some pretty nice looking panelling & woodwork in the hall & library of the house being used as "Glenbogle".

Richard

Back