Industrial router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filsgreen

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got any info on this router please?

edef3ba8.jpg

The next door neighbour gave it to me and he found it in a skip :shock: It weighs about 15 kilos and it takes forver to stop, it looks as though it is from the seventies
Here is another picture from the side
edef3a64.jpg

Cheers

Phil

!!! Is that a pull start on the side? :lol: I'm afraid I can't help with that one even though I am an old codger. Sure someone on here will know though.

filsgreen":2n5vm62a said:
It weighs about 15 kilos and it takes forver to stop, it looks as though it is from the seventies

Phil

Hi Phil, nothing very constructive to say I'm afraid, not like anything I've ever seen. I'm curious though, looks like the whole body is cast (ally?) could it have an induction motor in it I wonder? would account for the weight and the long stopping time. Ireckon youve got your work cut out with it judging from the state of the pillars
Good luck.

Mark

p.s your garden looks suspiciously well watered :wink:

I haven't seen Haffner kit around for a long time, Phil, not since I started in the furniture game really- a long time ago now, ha, ha. I've never seen one of their routers before but I've seen things like chain mortisers and chop saws. I'm pretty sure they used to make general woodworking equipment like planers and so on.

Anyway, your post prompted me to do a quick internet search. It seems they are still in business, but not as suppliers or makers of woodworking equipment. Check them out here, http://www.haffner.de/home/index.asp?lg ... r=0&pid=85

It crossed my mind they may be interested in getting back a bit of their old kit for their museum, if such a thing exists. Slainte.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I think thats what it will remain Slainte, it's too heavy to use as a hand router :) I've sent an e-mail to Haffner asking for info on it, if I get a reply I'll keep you posted. I haven't watered the garden Mark, although I feel I may have to shortly. Lucky for us there is no hose pipe ban up here.

Cheers

Phil

Further to my e-mail to Haffner, I recieved this reply today:

Thats a machine for the museum , the type U 100, about 20 to 30 years old. Sorry, no spare parts are available for those babe.

Regards

R.Walz

So before I offer it to them for their museum, does any of the forum members collect old tools? If so the first to pm can have it.

Cheers

Phil

Wow only 20 to 30 years i would have thought it was much older than that, how things progress!
I bet scrit will know something about it, he must be on holiday as waterhead says he has been quiet lately

Back