In need of help again, computer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Long story, but I had to reinstall my windows xp/2 disk today, as you can see I have got as far a internet exporer installed. But my o/E will not work.

I think this is because the "at" sign on my keyboard will not work from its position indicated on key. I get a double indent sign. (not the single indent)

Please how do I get the at sign to work correctly on my keyboard, it is stopping me from using o/e.
BTW I can get an at sign of sorts if I use shift and numeral 2 on figures top line of keyboard.

Hi,

Try pressing the key that comes up on the screen " (shift 2) or set your keyboard to UK it sounds like its US.

Pete

Hi,

Control panel, regional and language options.

Pete

Hi,

You should have a small icon at the right end of the taskbar with EN in if, you click on it you should be able to change between keyboard layouts, assuming you haven't deleted the US.

Pete

I think you need to alter the Default input Language.
This is hidden under the Regional and Language Settings/Languages/Details/'Text Services and Input Languages'.

Have fun

HTH
xy

xy mosian":35t24hsi said:
I think you need to alter the Default input Language.
This is hidden under the Regional and Language Settings/Languages/Details/'Text Services and Input Languages'.

Have fun

HTH
xy

Many many many, thanks, xy. :) :) :)

its done.

The @ sign works at last but O/E still will not send messages and my smpt details are correct. incoming mail is alright, I thought it might have been that @ sign not working that was the problem, so I am still in trouble.

Pleased to be able to help DW, but sorry I can't with the OE, I don't use it. However from memory it sounds like a setting problem, or perhaps the data entered for the outgoing mailbox at your ISP.
xy

devonwoody":jrcuawc1 said:
The @ sign works at last but O/E still will not send messages and my smpt details are correct. incoming mail is alright
The problem is a setting in your Account Settings. If you can receive mail but not send it, then you should be getting a specific error message when the "Send" fails. You could copy it and Google it to see what is suggested - it will be a common error.

This will probably be due to not setting the "More settings" on the outgoing mail, something like making sure that the log-in uses the same details as the inbound stuff, or if that doesn't work, manually enter the details required.

Ray

devonwoody":2a0riixr said:
I had smpt the wrong way round, it should have been smtp. :oops:

Easy to get your ts and ps muxed ip :lol: :lol:

Got a call from my mate yesterday who said he couldn't print out one of my emails.
turned out was coloured text - he hadn't renewed the colour cartridge in his printer - #-o ](*,) :lol:

He is 80 though!

Bob

Yesterday was a new day to me, the first time I had done a Windows install (from window disk) in twelve years, I suppose it was about time I bit that bullet. ( it was a twelve hour day as well, which was a first for me for a long time)
I've got the RogerS problem tho. Each time I come to forum I have to log in although I have asked it to remember me. Admittedly I only have to type the first few letters of devonwoody and the rest appears. I would prefer just to enter and be logged in, any suggestions welcome.

Back