Important - proposed new EU rules on DIY safety

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Chaps, there is a proposal for some new legislation from the EEC that any DIY activities involving sharp cutting edges MUST be carried out in the presence of a "Sicherheitsmeister" which roughly translated means Safety Master ie another person who will be there in case you have an accident.

It seems to me a bit of a knee-jerk reaction - a bit like Part P when that MP sadly lost her daughter electrocuted due to DIY incompetence - and is being promoted by a Dutch MEP, Filar Loop.

All is not lost as there is a ground swell across Europe to stop this daft law happening and a Euro-peition is available for signing here

thanks for pointing this out roger
its great to keep up with all the new legislation that comes out on this date each year.
cheers paul-c

I think they should introduce this in the commercial sector as well for all lone workers.

I could then justify to the wife having a sexy blonde with long legs and a short skirt in working in the workshop.

Tom

Back