I'm bored, what are you doing tonight?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joiner_sim

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm bored, so thought I'd post this useless thread. I'm just having a beer nd browsing the forum and the net. Not very exciting. What are you all doing.

Tomorrow I am taking my girlfriend to a top hotel in Birmingham for St. Valentines day, and booked a restaurant table for a lovely slap up meal! Anyone else planned anything for the romantic day? - she doesn't know yet!

:tool: She's brought me a spokeshave and scraper set for valentines day!!!!!!!

Dave - it's just one of those bugs which the kids have picked up from pre-school.

At least the boys (3 yr old triplets) have grasped the concept of getting out of bed to puke rather than doing it on their bed. :lol:

Cheers

Karl

karl":1cmzp8sf said:
Throwing up, along with my 4 kids.

:cry:

Karl

I've got a similar problem, Karl.

Got up yesterday morning with terrible stomach cramps and then the world fell out of my bottom.

Repeatedly.

Thankfuly I tracked down a bottle of kaolin and morphine and that has done the trick.

After sleeping for the best part of 24 hours though, I'm now wide awake at 4 in the bloody morning!

Dave, a 'slap-up meal' simply means a huge plate of food, usually served in a restaurant.

But being American, you wouldn't know about huge plates of food...

:lol:

Dan

I had a 13 coarse meal at a Hotel in France for as I remember 15.00 in 1966.
You could have put all the food on one plate here in the USA and saved the bus boy a lot of wash up time :D
Not that our plates are all that big here just 12" is all....but one of the French guys I was with really talked up the meal they served there....he should come here we would put some meat on his bones.

Spent the day putting up plasterboard on the ceilings in my house extension and this evening we have friends round for a take-away.

Hope you enjoy your restaurant and hotel trip. :)

joiner_sim":3kmbga75 said:
I'm bored, so thought I'd post this useless thread. I'm just having a beer nd browsing the forum and the net. Not very exciting. What are you all doing.

Tomorrow I am taking my girlfriend to a top hotel in Birmingham for St. Valentines day, and booked a restaurant table for a lovely slap up meal! Anyone else planned anything for the romantic day? - she doesn't know yet!

:tool: She's brought me a spokeshave and scraper set for valentines day!!!!!!!
Think yourself lucky, i'm working all night :cry: . still, it will save me a few quid :lol:

I have arranged a surprise trip to Paris for my beloved, but it`s not until May. Ive had to book her holiday with her boss and book hotel and flight on the interweb all in secret, and all the time keeping one ear open for her coming up the stairs to see what i`m doing on the pc. Oh, and ive put a message in the paper in the valentines page which i will show her as we are sitting in the airport or hopefully, on the plane. I`m hoping to keep the destination secret as long as possible, won`t even tell her we`re going abroad until the last minute, -get your bags packed, we`re off - scenario.Hope it will work. At the moment she thinks we`re spending May B/hol week working on the house. Ha !
Has anyone else tried this type of secret plan ? How did it go ?

Cheers,

Piggy

Good luck Piggy, you obviously don't have 2 boys and 2 dogs to consider, I wish I could do the same, but then again, a kiss and cuddle speaks a thousand words.

Rich.

Well I took SWMBO to a restaurant for a slap up meal and all she did was moan about the food! Next year I am going to get a take awayand a bottle of wine. :(

Last night I spent all evening alternating between sympathising with SWMBO who spent all night and most of today throwing up and putting my daughter back to bed every time she coughed herself awake.

Admittedly as we palmed the kids off on my parents for a few days and SWMBO was still unwell, she let me spend all day in the workshop. A wonderful valentines present to me ;)

I had all the family to dinner, my son was 25 today. :eek:ccasion4::eek:ccasion4::eek:ccasion4::eek:ccasion4:

A very nice evening was had by all. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

John. B

Bored?

So you spend time discusssing throwing up? I know it's winter over there. Used to live there myself, but seems you are letting the misery of the weather to gain the upper hand. Mind you it can get a bit too warm here in Victoria as you've probably seen on the news.

I believe in facing a challenge when I'm bored. How do you teach a one legged man to tap dance?

Jerry

Back