Ideas for laundry basket...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutley Racers

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Happy New Year to you. I hope you are all doing well.

The title of this may sound rather strange but it is woodwork. I have built a cupboard for my bathroom which is going to have a face frame fixed to it and a couple of doors.

Question 1? Is there an adhesive that I can stick the face frame on with. This will be made of egger board.

Question 2 and probably rather strange. The bottom half of the cupboard with no shelves I want to use as a laundry basket. I was going to use some 18mm mdf recessed into the bottom and sides but thought this would take up too much space. So now I am thinking of a metal gauze sheet thingy, or nylon or something like that. Something that won't bulge really.

I know it is a rather arb question but any ideas welcome.

Thanks Lee

Attachments

• 20230112_195826.jpg
    20230112_195826.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230112_195813.jpg
    20230112_195813.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I'm don't know I can help you but you've helped me in that a freind of mine said what can you make from a set of single IKEA bed slats.
Might be of help to you - probably not!!

Last edited:
Ah, the linen basket. In my 48 years of home ownership I have never found a perfect solution. Currently we have a slowly disintegrating sort of basket weave cuboid thing with hinged lid, bits have been falling off for several years.

Strikes me that whatever goes in has to come out, so if you put in some kind of rigid mesh front with opening 'slot' at the top it will be a pain to reach down to the bottom. One of these or similar? Fix to door or freestanding in cupboard so it lifts out? Might even get 2 in, all of £3 each and if you go to an Ikea you can treat yourself to meatballs and fries.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/variera-waste-bin-white-80182237/
A search for slim plastic kitchen bins or waste sorting bins might bring results.

3 or so lengths of plastic soil pipe (is it about 9 inch diameter? think so) might fit in side by side and give you colour sorting opportunities. The ideal solution would be to have a container the exact same volume that your washer will take - no need to think: when basket is full it's time to run the machine with optimum load.

Last edited:
Back