i won this

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bought from this eBay seller. Also a saw, it was not in very good condition. I found that the seller had tried to clean up the one I bought to remove rust etc. Looking at the photo of your one there seems to be some evidence of this also. Can't say that they were untruthful just not very forthcoming with their descriptions.

Slow to despatch the goods.

Good luck.

SurreyHills":iy8atybo said:
I have bought from this eBay seller. Also a saw, it was not in very good condition. I found that the seller had tried to clean up the one I bought to remove rust etc. Looking at the photo of your one there seems to be some evidence of this also. Can't say that they were untruthful just not very forthcoming with their descriptions.

Slow to despatch the goods.

Good luck.

Whats hh swan like as a brand?

Crikey, that's more buffed than a Mr Universe contestant. :D Hand-Saw Makers of Britain gives a known date of 1939 for Swann and that's the lot. The undefined nature of the handle shaping certainly suggests that, and maybe a second quality line? Really dunno. Let us know when you get it.

Alf":1s3cr7oj said:
Crikey, that's more buffed than a Mr Universe contestant. :D Hand-Saw Makers of Britain gives a known date of 1939 for Swann and that's the lot. The undefined nature of the handle shaping certainly suggests that, and maybe a second quality line? Really dunno. Let us know when you get it.

Will do it certainly is shiny

mtt.tr":2fmgpdhh said:
Acanthus":2fmgpdhh said:
So has it arrived yet, we need an update

Dave

ha no not yet lol

I'd give it at least a week if I were you. I won an item from him last week and he certainly didn't pull up any trees in the despatch stakes. My item wasn't too bad on arrival, but whilst I was waiting I read some of his feedback, he can be quite aggressive in response to neutral/negative comments.

That said though, the Stanley No. 78 Plane I bought will be just fine when fettled, so I'd say "Travel in hope...

I'd expect the item to arrive within the specified 6-8 day delivery period and not write something off as a poor example until after a closer inspection or asking more questions prior to buying from the seller.

Buying old tools normally involves a degree of fettling and can quite often include an element of frustration if having to overcome over zealous restoration attempts by it's previous owner.

Ask as many questions as possible and if ever in any doubt, leave it out. :wink:

Well its actually a nice saw. shame about the shagged teeth will be filling it alot over this week. This will be my first popper sharpening on a saw i have redone a gents saw which is set up to cross cut and works beautifully now all thanks to matthew from workshop heavens video :D

Latest posts

Back