I saw something nasty in the woodshed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racers":39tutxd3 said:
I love spiders they where around before the dinosaurs, they are all poisonous its how they kill.

Pete

Just on a pedantic point they're venomous not poisonous, subtle but crucial difference. Poison is ingested while venom is injected.

Claymore":1akc3iyl said:
Someone mentioned the dodgy Australian lookalike earlier and in 2002 I bought a load of parts for my Harley from Australia and got a mate to fit them while i was at work, he phoned me up in distress saying he had found a gert big critter in the new exhaust pipes and had sprayed 2 tines of Raid into each pipe and taped the ends up! lol when I got home we decided to remove the tape and investigate the beast and was stunned to see a funnel web spider along with a few dozen tiny ones thankfully all dead (i later sent the dead critters to a zoo to be formally identified hence reason we knew it was a FW. What really freaked us out though was 8 months later we found another but this time it was stuck in a web in his garden shed (dead) approx 60ft from his garage where we fitted the pipes. They are very careful in australia to fumigate and kill any potential pests entering their country but obviously they cannot check everything and nowadays when we are buying stuff from all over the world I guess we stand a bigger chance of receiving a stowaway or two. Best thing to do is spray everything you get from overseas and stick it in a binbag for a day or so to make sure if anthing was lurking it won't bite ya.
Cheers
Brian
Ps forgot to say the name on my Harley pipes was Scorpion Stinger LOL no kidding lol

I am probably not going to be ordering any pen kits from Timberbits now then...

Racers":z3pfvdwt said:
Oops

But if you eat one......

:wink:

Pete

Simply swallow a bird

There was an old woman who swallowed a fly,
I don't know why she swallowed a fly,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old woman who swallowed a spider,
That wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her,
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly,
I don't know why she swallowed the fly,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old woman who swallowed a bird,
How absurd! to swallow a bird,
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old woman who swallowed a cat,
Imagine that! to swallow a cat,
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old woman who swallowed a dog,
What a hog! to swallow a dog,
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old woman who swallowed a goat,
Just opened her throat! to swallow a goat,
She swallowed the goat to catch the dog,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old woman who swallowed a cow,
I don't know how she swallowed a cow!
She swallowed the cow to catch the goat,
She swallowed the goat to catch the dog,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old woman who swallowed a horse,
She's dead—of course!

Claymore":ffdxskgr said:
Someone mentioned the dodgy Australian lookalike earlier and in 2002 I bought a load of parts for my Harley from Australia and got a mate to fit them while i was at work, he phoned me up in distress saying he had found a gert big critter in the new exhaust pipes and had sprayed 2 tines of Raid into each pipe and taped the ends up! lol when I got home we decided to remove the tape and investigate the beast and was stunned to see a funnel web spider along with a few dozen tiny ones thankfully all dead (i later sent the dead critters to a zoo to be formally identified hence reason we knew it was a FW. What really freaked us out though was 8 months later we found another but this time it was stuck in a web in his garden shed (dead) approx 60ft from his garage where we fitted the pipes. They are very careful in australia to fumigate and kill any potential pests entering their country but obviously they cannot check everything and nowadays when we are buying stuff from all over the world I guess we stand a bigger chance of receiving a stowaway or two. Best thing to do is spray everything you get from overseas and stick it in a binbag for a day or so to make sure if anthing was lurking it won't bite ya.
Cheers
Brian
Ps forgot to say the name on my Harley pipes was Scorpion Stinger LOL no kidding lol
It wouldn't have survived long once the Harley was struck up. :lol:

doorframe":ijbj1ba1 said:
Spiders are my second favorite creature, after cats.

+1 Give me cats over spiders any day. Ours is a 'talker'. Constantly squeaking and squawking and sounding like he's complaining about something.

We call him 'The Whingeing Tom' :lol:

wellywood":56gor4lq said:
We call him 'The Whingeing Tom' :lol:

As opposed to Pom, I suspect :lol: Very good!

Both my cats eat spiders, but I'm not sure what they would make of that one from the wood shed :shock:

Latest posts

Back