I saw something nasty in the woodshed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wellywood

Established Member
Reaction score
Had our winter wood delivered yesterday and found this.
14575R.jpg

It's a black tunnel web (not to be confused with the nasty Aussie funnel web).
I could see it was dead, but this didn't stop SWMBO poking it with a stick despite warnings that, if was still alive, it might grab the stick and give her a severe beating :lol: .

Attachments

• 14575R.jpg
    14575R.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,436
I don't care which tunnel it uses, Looks a horrible little blighter to me!
Wouldn't want that out in you're dunny, (if you have them out there)
Rodders

wellywood":3k93pp5z said:
Monkey Mark":3k93pp5z said:
I love the fact you had to measure it. :mrgreen:

Just to give an idea of scale. I wanted SWMBO to lie down next to it but she was oddly reluctant.
My wife isn't too scared of spiders but she hates it when I just pick them up in my hand to take outside.

There is the poisonous Red-backed Spider found in Australia, but from memory I don't think this is one.

John

I`m with you there mailee, I usually shriek like a girly and make for the horizon , nasty beasts !!!
F.

Monkey Mark":18hpsd2i said:
....My wife isn't too scared of spiders but she hates it when I just pick them up in my hand to take outside.
We both have no problem picking them up to put outside, and up in Duram you may not have a problem but we are having to be more cautious in this part of the woods as there are the occasional nasty arriving from the south.

Back