I DO HAVE THESE CRAZY IDEAS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phill joiner

Established Member
Reaction score
And I have to have a go tbh. Struggling a bit with it so I think I need to make the uprights a bit thicker. I had an idea that this construction would look nice as the top half of a vase. Thought I'd have a practice first. I am wearing a hard hat don't worry. (hammer)

Attachments

• hole bowl 001.JPG
    hole bowl 001.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,251
  • hole bowl 002.JPG
    hole bowl 002.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,251
Think you are going to lose the wings if you try hollowing it, top and bottom of them is going to be short section grain with no strength.

I once saw a bloke do stuff like that where he set the whole lot in candle wax, turned it, then melted the wax that was left back out of the work when he was finished turning.

Tazmaniandevil":10xulnmd said:
I once saw a bloke do stuff like that where he set the whole lot in candle wax, turned it, then melted the wax that was left back out of the work when he was finished turning.
I dont think I'll go that far mate :shock:
It's actually looking good at the moment...... Souldn't of said that at this stage :lol: I'm hollowing out the centre at the mo and all is good. :p

Tazmaniandevil":xeq9bgky said:

Clever! :)

Well I think I'm going to leave it at that....... Not going to push my luck. Just a good sanding now.

Attachments

• basket bowl 002.JPG
    basket bowl 002.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 948
  • basket bowl 003.JPG
    basket bowl 003.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 948
Back