Hybrid mini cone box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornucopia

Established Member
Reaction score
hello folks

I've just made this new box- it has a mix of orange silver and black resin....
...and proved very tricky to photograph!!

3 1/8" tall by 2 3/8" wide

P1210052_zpsf0c15f03.jpg

P1210048_zpsdeb11d2a.jpg

P1210056_zps210d99b2.jpg

i dont know what camera you have, but if you find the size, have a look on ebay for the filter- a hoya etc. From hong king they are much cheaper.

thanks

I have a panasonic DMC- FZ18

I did try to sort the reflection problems witha light tent but the colours werent correct and it looked matt
P1210073_zpsae366918.jpg

Amazing, and I have absolutely no idea how you got that finish.

I'll file it with the other things I need to get round to knowing...

well i just ordered one of your blanks....I doubt I will do it justice but i will have a go!!! do you finish with a fine grit sandpaper??...what about a finishing oil/wax??

Very nice George,i like that :D

Try defusing the windows behind by knocking up a plain net curtain screen,and also pull the object further away from you backdrop so you don't get that harsh shadow??
You could also try shooting the piece so you are sideways onto the windows and using some white card on the opposite side to reflect the light from the windows on to the dark side of the piece??

Sounds bizarre but often a black card reflector will define edges and show off a high gloss object. Some people who photograph glasses, bottles etc use hairspray to suppress the glare - not sure of effect on your chosen finish though.

I should have said I love the box design - looks sort of Chinese. I've never tried resin (or made a box) but it's on my to do list.

Back