huan yang vfd

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markvk

Established Member
Reaction score
do any of you guys have experience with Huan Yang VFD's? are they any good?

mark

I have a 1.5kw one on my Wadkin 9" surface planer driving a 2HP motor. VDF will only convert phase not voltage, ie 240v in 240v out, so I had to rewire the motor star to delta, or vice versa I forget. The instruction book is fairly terrible but there are a bunch of youtube vids on how to set it up/programme it. I'm a weekend warrior so the thing has not had hours and hours of use but it has run happily for the time i've had it, c 9 months, with some heavy days planing wide oak. The build quality is not top notch, buttons are pretty flimsy, and it has a very open design so prone to dust ingress. I set mine up in a 'remote enclosure' and with the original start switch on the machine as a relay for the 'go' circuit on the VFD, this way once the unit was set up I just power it on at the wall and press the start button on the machine, so I don't have to interact with the nasty buttons. The enclosure is actually a old Tupperware container which is completely inappropriate for adequate air flow through the unit, however the VFD stays cool under normal use and only needs the enclosure cover removing if I'm doing some heavy planing. Overall been happy with the VFD that was 30-50% the price of a quality Direct Drives or Jaguar unit.

Latest posts

Back