How would you make this display cabinet?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave R":nsskyrba said:
Here's another option for you. If you leave the arc, carry it on to the stiles. Make it an elliptical curve so it can be tighter at the ends.

There are a couple of ways to do what you want. If you delete the radiused edge, you can draw in lines to extend out to the corner and a line along the length to create the faces. Depending upon what you have going on in the neighbourhood of the radius, you could just draw a vertical line to the side of the radius and use Push/Pull to cut the radius off. then use Push/Pull to pull the new edge out to where the old one was. If those don't make sense, I'll make you some pictures.

I went ahead and made a quick illustration. Click on it for a bigger one.

Dave - Thanks for that, that makes perfect sense, and will save me a lot of time in the future.

Jason - I agree that the frames are now a bit too thick - they are like this because I was feeling too lazy to adjust the door components, but I will be re-working this to have thinner frames. I then get to present this to the 'client' on sunday, hopefully she'll like it and give me the go ahead.

Ok, I think I've finally finished it.

I am unlikely going to change it from this, and this is what I shall be presenting to mother dearest this weekend.

Screenshot2010-05-14at194057.png

Screenshot2010-05-14at194045.png

Thanks a lot to all of your input, it's been a great help!

Dave R":2a0xznd0 said:
I hope she likes it.

Delete the guide points at the bottom before you show it to her. ;)

Certainly will - I'm going to mock up the lounge alcove in sketchup as well so she can 'see' it in situ.

The design is good in the first pic for me.
I would have one door, and glass shelves. That would make it look considerably lighter, and show off the contents better.
Just a thought.
Mustn't let SWIMBO see it though!

John :)

Latest posts

Back