How to keep cats from using garden as a toilet?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you should take up photography, decide to take some lovely shots of this cat, I guarantee you'll never see it again... :wink:

I am not a fan of cats, but they do keep our 2acre garden free of rabbits (which I do shoot and eat). SWMBI does the gory bits which she enjoys, (worryingly so).

Any suggestions on magpies, collared doves, badgers, moles, trespassing sheep and squirrels gratefully accepted.

David

Badgers - don't get me started. Or course it's illegal to go anywhere near them or their set so you would not find me getting at all upset by the damage they do :wink: :wink: Nor would I dream of making their life just a tad more difficult.

By all means protect the blighters in the wild but in an urban (ok suburban) environment they can be a bloody nuisance. :evil:

Andy

They have trashed areas of our grass by using their snouts to grub up the larvae of May bugs apparently. To the uninitiated this leave deep holes and a bit of a mess. Thankfully, this activity only happens around May - errr - which makes sense if they are after May bugs. Lets hope they do not develop a liking for June,July,August bugs etc!!

David

-David-":2xoeup8d said:
Lets hope they do not develop a liking for June,July,August bugs etc!! David

They have ceratinly found something to their liking in June & July in my lawn :evil: and in my veg plot. For some totally unexplained reason :whistle: they have now stopped piling earth up the side of my shed though.

Andy

For some totally unexplained reason they have now stopped piling earth up the side of my shed though.

That is probably because they have just completed building a nice new set underneath your shed!! :shock:

Hope you have not got a cast table saw in there? :)

David

I apologize if someone posted this already, but I just saw it on the LV site.http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&p=10302&cat=2,51555&ap=1
bl661s1.jpg

It's not as nasty as it looks. Check the link.

my grandad swore by a remedy he perfected to deter a neighbours dog from harassing his chickens... shotgun... cartridge loaded with dried split peas... a backside fulla that an the prob's over....guaranteed

Back