How high is the ceiling in your workshop?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How high is the ceiling in your workshop?

• 5ft

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 5.5ft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6ft

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • 6.5ft

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • 7ft

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • 7.5ft

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • 8ft+

Votes: 41 53.2%

• Total voters
Hi Chems,

The mid section of my workshop below the mezannine floor is about 8 feet tall but at either end it reaches right up to the roof giving me plenty of room for assembly etc.

Rog

My workshop has a roof height of approx 7ft at the eaves, upto about 15ft at the apex. In a couple of weeks it'll be about 30ft high.

Flat roof with a slight pitch... average 7'6" to underside of beams. Even lower to the light fittings! All lights are enclosed so I don't keep smashing them when struggling with full boards.

Roy

I had to put the 5 ft option in for the hobbits, otherwise it wouldn't be diverse. Interesting to see, I envisaged a lot of people with limited headroom but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I work in an 'L' shaped 'family room' put on to the house by a previous owner.
It has a pitched roof rising to about 3.5 M with a couple of small Veluxes.
There's a glass consevatory attached - fridge in the winter, oven in the summer - that I use for non-essential storage with a pitched roof up to about 3 M.

Mine has a 'split-level' ceiling. The front part that projects from the house is about 8 feet high. The 'inner sanctum' under the bathroom is about 10 feet high.

So I work in headroom of 8 feet or more . More space to warm, but extra room to manoeuvre long pieces.

John

Mine is a shallow sloping flat roof with around 6.5' in the middle so there's just enough room to hang the lights - Rob

Converted barn. 2.4m to eaves then 3.1m to roof apex. The top 1.2m has mostly been boarded up, completely in one section (the warmer half !)

Sawdust":182w6utt said:
There's one vote for a 5ft ceiling - I'd love to see that workshop!

that'll be Dozy, Beaky, Mick or Titch (can't remember the other dwarfs - am I allowed to say dwarf?) Only know those from the old song so probably wrong anyway.

I converted mine from a double car port, walls on 3 sides. It's about 14 foot in the center dropping down to about 10 front and back

DSC08427.jpg

And I put my lathe directly in front of the double glazed windows

DSC08426.jpg

If I'm turning anything that I think might just let go I open the window 8) 8) Just in case :oops:

It doesn't sound as if many of you guys will ever be in the market for a very,very,very reputable mezzanine floor manufacturer/supplier.
My day job if you were wondering.

My single garage is about 7 foot to the underside of the mezzanine floor above. Up stairs on the mezz is another good 6' but sloping down either side, a good bit of extra space none the less.

Rob

One doesn't like to boast about mine being bigger than yours but the ceiling above the bit of plastic that holds about 10% of the warmth in in winter is 7.5 metres. which is 24.5 ish feet in your language.

Jonzjob":1hfza57m said:
I converted mine from a double car port, walls on 3 sides. It's about 14 foot in the center dropping down to about 10 front and back

DSC08427.jpg

And I put my lathe directly in front of the double glazed windows

DSC08426.jpg

If I'm turning anything that I think might just let go I open the window 8) 8) Just in case :oops:

And put up some nets in case anyone is walking past unknowingly! :shock:

John :)

If they do John then they have come through our 6 foot plus high gate and face our welcome sign

Trespasserssign.jpg

And come up our 50 yard or so drive to walk pst the back of our house to ??? the fosse septique? I don't think that it would be considered a main throughfare?

DSC08424.jpg

That's the gate, down the bottom there!! That white thingy..

Edit : - I forgot to mention. That's the view from my lathe..

Not tooooo much of a problem me-thinks?

No idea what mine is, I can lift a 8x4 sheet tall side up without hitting the lights (which are suspended from chains) and with my 4m ladder l still have to stretch to reach the fire sensor which isn't at the top.

Then saying that the wood store is about 10ft and the finishing room is very low, probably around the 7ft mark.

Back