Hot glue? Or wood filler?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clever idea. I didn't get a good look in the video but I am assuming the sticks are pretty hard unlike your standard hot glue, I guess they must be if you can sand and polish them.
Nice bit of innovation and would easily pay for itself if you ran a small production shop.

@Rorschach - Agree. The glue gun looks good. But with the various 'glue sticks' and the cooling plate / cut off... Yep, really professional.
Clearly this guy justifies the cost. I couldn't.

That does look a very easy way to do it. would be interesting to get a couple of sample glue sticks and give it a try (y)

@Rorschach - Agree. The glue gun looks good. But with the various 'glue sticks' and the cooling plate / cut off... Yep, really professional.
Clearly this guy justifies the cost. I couldn't.
Then again, if you buy the cheapest option and get an aluminium block somewhere for not too much, and a card scraper, it's quite affordable. Or am I missing something that would be missing from the kit?

Then again, if you buy the cheapest option and get an aluminium block somewhere for not too much, and a card scraper, it's quite affordable. Or am I missing something that would be missing from the kit?

The pro kit looks to have a different (better?) glue gun, the block, the plane and the mould to make your own sticks.

Would the glue not soften when sanding. ? The Liberon lacquer sticks are excellent for filling small cracks - they run into the defect by a kind of osmosis.

A couple of years ago i bought a cheap glue gun from the bay around £20 ,two heat settings of 60 & 100 watt according to the blurb. put on the top setting and it produces copious amounts of glue very quickly. The real question is how do those glue sticks differ from the normal one's:unsure:

they are a mix of glue and wood filler but without the usual hardener, relying on the quick melt?

Just the 'card scraper' idea? The 'system' / kit uses a flat blade to cut off at the wood surface, not scraping it off? See this video?

Just the 'card scraper' idea? The 'system' / kit uses a flat blade to cut off at the wood surface, not scraping it off? See this video?
Yea, that's true, but I think with a bit of sharpening you could quite easily turn a card scraper into a flat blade and then attach it to a block of wood? To get the same effect.

Check out Techsil , they do a starter kit for less than £100 and their sticks are around £14 for ten.
At that price it makes it more realistic for a possible purchase

Latest posts

Back