Hmmm, a little miffed!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rog

I read that yesterday when it came an assumed that he made them.

I would be on to the client because if he submitted the pictures to Felder he is well aware that he did not make them.

As for for Felder they can only go on what they are told.

I have lots of pics of stuff I have made at companies I have worked for over the years, but I did not design them and would never even consider passing them off as my designs let alone use them in my marketing.

Like you Rog I would be very upset if this happened to me.

The other thing is that all the other people are stood next to their machines in their workshops, this guy is noticeably absent.

Tom

Who gains? Felder obviously seek the kudos that you can make nice woodworkery with their stuff..and possibly extra sales.
Glen Brown might get some bragging rights but only among those who know him, unless they know he didn't make the items in question.

Reading the article I would have assumed Glen made the doors but I'm not convinced that it's malicious.

My guess is Felder sent someone down there with a camera who just took photos of everything with no knowledge of who made it. The writer probably did a phone interview then just banged out some text and whacked in the best photos from the set they were given.

I would be exceptionally miffed if that were me. To my mind the article states he used Felder machinery to make bespoke windows and doors, right next to a picture of some doors. The implication couldn't be clearer.

Goes to show you can't believe everything you read.

Just read the article & if Roger hadn't pointed it out, I would have believed that the chap had made the doors and furniture himself.

My 2p worth

Dibs

The implication is obvious, but that's just because minds are easily manipulated. Your mind wants the pictures to be illustrations of the words, but there is nothing to say that they aren't just pictures of the B&B (or indeed not even that).

Even though I manipulate words and try to decode other peoples' manipulations of words for a living, I struggle not to read it as attribution. I think the mind prefers the picture to the word, and makes the latter fit around the earlier, more naturally acquired, image.

Cock up, probably. Did you also make the table, mirror, and the second floor window visible above the doors?

Roger - I'd be livid.

This is a trading standards/ advertising standards issue, isn't it? There's a deliberate misleading inference that the doors he made are the ones in the picture. This is clearly a misleading advert. Not sure you have any claim against Felder, but (IMHO) they should be reported to the proper authority. Idiots like me believe this type of advertising and would take it into consideration in buy a piece of equipment.

I wonder if ANY of the photos are genuine?

Steve Blackdog":3r7oew7a said:

OMG :shock: :shock: adverts aren't real....... you cannot be serious :shock: :shock: :shock:

Does this mean the honey monster isn't real .... I think not.

The article also states that he used a Hammer 3 31 and a Felder 5 31 to make bespoke doors etc, why would he need two combination machines or am I missing something?????????

doctor Bob":2te0gni7 said:
Steve Blackdog":2te0gni7 said:

OMG :shock: :shock: adverts aren't real....... you cannot be serious :shock: :shock: :shock:

Does this mean the honey monster isn't real .... I think not.

No the honey monster is definitely real :wink:

I think I remember reading that everything shown in an advert had to be possible. Maybe the rules have changed as we now have TV adverts showing cars that change into robots and dance around and fly.

Forgive the tangent, but the example I remember is this

http://www.m-a-d-e.net/backcatalogue/la ... ver_m.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTlIL8--r0U

and to comply with the "rules" (at the time?) they actually did the deed - although it was in the days before CGI 8)

I'm fairly sure it remains the one and only TV advert ever produced for the Defender.

Told you it was a tangent.

Ok to answer a few of the queries/comments.

I just edited my original post as the french doors were actually delivered to him in August 2007 - in July 2007 I delivered two 8' x 4' solid oak doors for the workshop entrance.

I met Glenn when I was asked to demonstrate a c3-31 Felder/Hammer machine to him when I used to demo for them and he came to my workshop after which he bought a secondhand c3-31 directly from Felder - He subsequently upgraded purchasing a 5 series combination from them in replacement.

The window above the doors was also made by myself working with Glenn in his workshop using his equipment - after teaching him how to use his machinery he intended to make all his own windows but I was subsequently called in to help as he couldnt get them made in time and his builder was threatening to leave site if he didnt have the windows so I stepped in and spent a week with him getting all the frames/sashes made.

Anyway email has been sent to Felder - will let you know what they say!

Roger
Hopefully Felder will do the decent thing look after you - especially as you used to demo for them. Good luck with it as the truth needs to come out.

Back