• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

HJ Pugh auction - January 7th - sneaky preview

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
The first one of the year...usually has a good selection of timber. I'm sticking some stuff in this time....

As I've got a few lots in, I took the opportunity to take a few photo's to give you guys some idea of what's there and let you have a sneaky preview.

Some nice slabs of air dried elm

Some English walnut...a bit green at the moment

Ash, oak, larch, alder, beech, sycamore, walnut

Some very nice yew

Spalted birch

In the main shed, split between tools and timber, we have loads of Stanley planes

A load of power machines including a MiniMax, nice Kity p/t, EB bandsaw

Two fabulous hunks of walnut

A nice metalworking lathe...Myford

Those mortice chisels look new to me. Not sure of the sleeve size though.

Not seen this Record plane before

Here's the second slab of walnut and an equally large piece of elm

Two very big lumps of elm..you can see the height of them in an earlier picture. Local carriage is available!

The Kity planer/thicknesser

Beckum bandsaw

Minimax

Anyone going?

bobscarle

Established Member
Reaction score
I like to go to this sale as they usually have some very nice wood, no amazing bargains though! However I think this year I may have to give it a miss. That said my wife bought a couple of rabbits last year from Ledbury, now if I could get her to think about another rabbit stew...........

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
The high street butchers in Ledbury might be a side-show, but they are the best justification for visiting this auction :) ! I doubt I'll be at the auction but stranger things have happened.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
You know you've been spending too much at auction when the auctioneer calls you by your Christian name :wink:

There were well over 700 lots including the tools and a large crowd turned up. Early timber went for some very very good money. At 11am the second ring opened and that thinned the crowd out a bit and so by the time the auctioneer came to the outside tent there weren't that many people interested in bidding. So managed to snaffel 12 cu ft of sawn KD 240" x 8" x 2" for £32 ! A late delivery of a lot of KD oak of varying sizes was very tempting as each pallet was going for very silly money. Sadly no room nor pennies.

A nice little DeWalt RAS for just over £100 and I came away very pleased.

They are having another auction towards the end of February which will mainly be machines but there will be some wood.

Latest posts