HJ Pugh auction - January 7th - sneaky preview

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
The first one of the year...usually has a good selection of timber. I'm sticking some stuff in this time....

As I've got a few lots in, I took the opportunity to take a few photo's to give you guys some idea of what's there and let you have a sneaky preview.

Some nice slabs of air dried elm
P1090168.jpg

Some English walnut...a bit green at the moment
P1090169.jpg

Ash, oak, larch, alder, beech, sycamore, walnut
P1090170.jpg

Some very nice yew
P1090171.jpg

Spalted birch
P1090172.jpg

In the main shed, split between tools and timber, we have loads of Stanley planes
P1090173.jpg

A load of power machines including a MiniMax, nice Kity p/t, EB bandsaw
P1090174.jpg

Two fabulous hunks of walnut
P1090175.jpg

A nice metalworking lathe...Myford
P1090176.jpg

Those mortice chisels look new to me. Not sure of the sleeve size though.
P1090177.jpg

Not seen this Record plane before
P1090178.jpg

Here's the second slab of walnut and an equally large piece of elm
P1090179.jpg

Two very big lumps of elm..you can see the height of them in an earlier picture. Local carriage is available!
P1090180.jpg

The Kity planer/thicknesser
P1090181.jpg

Beckum bandsaw
P1090182.jpg

Minimax
P1090183.jpg

Anyone going?

I like to go to this sale as they usually have some very nice wood, no amazing bargains though! However I think this year I may have to give it a miss. That said my wife bought a couple of rabbits last year from Ledbury, now if I could get her to think about another rabbit stew...........

The high street butchers in Ledbury might be a side-show, but they are the best justification for visiting this auction :) ! I doubt I'll be at the auction but stranger things have happened.

You know you've been spending too much at auction when the auctioneer calls you by your Christian name :wink:

There were well over 700 lots including the tools and a large crowd turned up. Early timber went for some very very good money. At 11am the second ring opened and that thinned the crowd out a bit and so by the time the auctioneer came to the outside tent there weren't that many people interested in bidding. So managed to snaffel 12 cu ft of sawn KD 240" x 8" x 2" for £32 ! A late delivery of a lot of KD oak of varying sizes was very tempting as each pallet was going for very silly money. Sadly no room nor pennies.

A nice little DeWalt RAS for just over £100 and I came away very pleased.

They are having another auction towards the end of February which will mainly be machines but there will be some wood.

Latest posts

Back