Helpful mathematician requested again.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mate, you need an iPhone! The scientific calculator on it is fab. Then you just need the old SohCahToa and you're off. I'd work it out for you anyway of course, but the team have done it already.

loz":l2jw0qux said:
Soh Cah Toa

Similar for me, but being a broad-spoken Hereford lad, it was just:-
ohhhhhhh
aaaaaarh
ohhhhh aaaarh

(Shame you never hear the Hereford dialect any more - the place has been taken over by the Brummies)

condeesteso":1kr861r9 said:
Dick - is that why most of the roads in Herefordshire are quite curvy?

Nah.... That was due to the homeward wanderings over countless years, of zillions of locals, after a night on the cider.

John :eek:ccasion5:

SohCahToa

Our maths teacher told us he was a Red Indian so we never forgot, Trig my favourite type of calculations (and probably the only ones I could do) if only there had been a Trig question on my O level paper.

Stew #-o

Well Stew,

I have been reading up on the Trig I never learned it at school.

Now I can see where it is useful, even if I did think Pythagoras's Theorem was geometry!

Anyway I know the 3,4,5 thing. Which is what I use for every section, whenever I build a shed. Then I know it can't be anything but 'Skwur' . :lol:
I though SocCahToah was what Sylvester the Cat used to say.. 'Sufferin' Sohcatowah'... :D

Regards

John

Triggernometery-tyro! :D

When i did A level maths our teacher used to say this little sentance and it has lived with me

Soh - Silly old Harry
Cah - Caught A Herring
Toa - Trawling Of America

Weird how things stick.

One mnemonic that has stuck with me is the one for resistor colour codes. Not sure if I can repeat that one here though :lol:

Oh well, here it is then

Bad
boys
rape
our
young
girls
but
Violet
gives
willingly

Rainbows and virgins ring a bell...how politically incorrect we were in those days...and before....especially in Norwich!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jim

Latest posts

Back