Help spoofed e mail ???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les chicken

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder if any of you IT gurus can help me out.

Just recently I am getting e mails with the senders e mail address showing that it is mine.

It contains advertising for tablets etc. Does this mean that my genuine e mails may disappear into spam traps.

Any help or advice will be wonderful.

Les

No Les....spoofing email addresses has been around for a very long time...not quite sure why they do it...bloody annoying as YOU then get the bounce-back emails from others that have been spammed....since the spammers put your email address as the 'sender'.

Personally I would like to introduce all the spammers to Mr Table Saw, although thinking about it my bandsaw is big enough to slice them in two...adds a whole new dimension to the table saw vs bandsaw debate :wink:

Roger I am a sculptor, do you fancy a collaborative project?

You slice the spammers in half and I pickle them and sell them on to Charles saatchi.

Chunko'.

Death to the spammers.

I had this happen to me - it wore off after several months (sorry). I don't think Mr Table Saw or Madame Bandsaw are the right tools for the job.

Adzes, that's what you need. And not particularly sharp ones. Starting at the feet. And stopping for a cup of tea every now and then.

Thanks for the replys, another one of those tough situations, put up with it or change your e mail address.

I wonder what I am going to send to myself tomorrow maybe the winning lottery numbers instead of c**p.

Les

depends how old your email address is and how much pain to change it. Many websites use your email address as your login ID and so if you don't mind re-entering your data .....

Me? I've had my email address for 15 years come June this year. Kind of an early adopter ;-)

Back