Help needed from the US Re Jet supersaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard S

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I hope in posting this message I am no breaking any forum rules, Mods please remove if it ( if possible ) or let me know what to do.

Reference the previous post about the Jet Supersaw I am hoping that there is someone on this forum either in the States or travelling there in the near future who would be able to obtain some spare parts for me, namely a new arbor, nut and flange.

I know its a lot to ask but I would be eternally grateful to anyone who is in a position to help.

Would it be appropriate to ask anyone who can help to pm me so that we can make arrangements and discuss any reciprocal favour I may be able to do in return, it goes without saying that I will pay all costs incurred.

Thank you all for your time in reading this.

Richard

Welcome

Worst case scenario, going to the states but not until July. I'm sure you cannot wait that long but if needs must.

I'm sure someone is going before them.

Gary

Gary

Thanks, I would like to sort it out sooner but if I can't it would be great if you could help, can I let you know?

Thanks again

Richard

Richard, just order the parts from a Jet dealer in the States and get them shipped over.

Noel

Parcel2Go have a handy service, which allows you to order something in the states and give their address as the delivery address, then they'll forward it on to you (for a price of course). Very handy if a US company won't ship internationally.

The only problem I can see is that DHL are the carriers and, iirc given their track record, you will be charged duty and vat.

Cheers
Neil

Hello and thanks to everyone who has taken the time to respond, I have been contacted by a member from the States who has very kindly offered to help. Thanks again to one and all.

Richard

Slightly off thread, but isn't electrical spec. a problem?
I thought that domestic power supply was 110 volts over there.
Or do they do dual voltage 110/240v.
Not applicable to arbour but interested on that parcels2go info.

devonwoody":1ucx352h said:
Hi DW,

Most of the major manufacturer's motors are dual voltage, fwiw. At least on motors 1.5 hp and below. Above they are all 240v.

Take care, Mike

devonwoody":18ymnqzk said:

I don't think the voltage is a problem but on some items the 50Htz v 60Htz can be a problem on things like TV's

Latest posts

Back