help--how to make a weather house

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g861

Established Member
Reaction score
does anybody know how to make a weather house (the one with the man and lady) would be very grateful for any help

Sorry, I don't have a plan but it shouldn't be too difficult for you to design your own. You are, I presume, aware that the the man and woman are attached to a taut piece of catgut that twists and untwists with the changes in humidity?

Richard

no i was not aware how is it attached and has it got to be twisted a certain way

g861":2p9lmks1 said:
no i was not aware how is it attached and has it got to be twisted a certain way

Yes it has to be twisted so that as the gut moistens and relaxes the guy comes out, as it drys and tightens back up the girl comes out.

These were popular in the days before central heating so I don't know haw well they would work in a modern, centrally heated, fairly airtight home.

You might get it to work in a kitchen where the bloke turns out when there have been pans boiling on the stove ie ready for a meal and once that has dissipated the woman comes out to do the washing up ad the humidity drops.

Might be a conversation point or a marriage wrecker?

Bob :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back