Help for a Record DML 24X

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmitch53

Reaction score
Hi i am new on here and i don't know if you can help me but i have just bought a Record DML 24X it is an old one 1996.I need a 4 prong drive center and a face plate for my lathe. I don't know what size to get that will fit in my lathe or were to get them from and dose any one know were i can download a PDF manual for it.
Thank you
Pete

Hi welcome to the forum your lathe has a one mores taper in the head and tail stock the thread size is 3/4 16 points per inch hope this helps

Thank you i will give that website a look and thanks for the sizes
that PDF int any good thanks anyway i relay needed the sizes for different things that is what i needed the manual for but you have given me them.

Thank you
Pete

http://www.recordpower.co.uk/category/3 ... ccessories

You will be looking for a 1 MT (Morse taper) drive , 2 prong or 4 prong. 2 prong is my preference as the face of the end of your timber does not need to be 90 degrees to the drive. If you have a 4 prong and the face is not 90 to the drive those extra two prong can prevent the drive from grabbing properly, on hardwoods anyway.
The live centres, Jacobs drill Chuck etc also 1MT go in the tail stock .
Any Chuck or faceplate for holding work on the headstock will thread on and has a 3/4 x 16 thread.

After looking at those links, It would be cheaper to get someone to weld a bolt to the fixing nut as a handle
and neatly finish it off!
Regards Rodders

Latest posts

Back