Hello from North Devon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chidge10

Reaction score
Hi everyone. What a great site this is and I am so happy I stumbled upon it and everyone's great tips and advice. I have recently relocated from just outside West London where I was working in the film industry to North Devon where I am planning on setting up a, (very) small workshop and working locally.
Looking forward to using this site for hints and tips.

I am half way between Tiverton and South Molton, so on the edge of North Devon.

You could be in the next village along or you could (Devon not being small) be miles and miles away!

I am half way between Tiverton and South Molton, so on the edge of North Devon.

You could be in the next village along or you could (Devon not being small) be miles and miles away!
Hi Julian.

I'm up in Parracombe near Lynton and Lynmouth. As mentioned I'm hoping to set up a small workshop and work locally. fingers crossed etc.

Welcome to Devon!

We moved from Camberley to mid-way between Crediton and Okehampton back in May of this year.

We're absolutely loving it - the complete opposite of living on the edge of London.

The Southeast seems like a distant memory now and there's no way we'd contemplate moving back there again.

One suggestion I would make is that it's a great idea to get involved locally as quickly as you can. In the Southeast people tend to keep to themselves and the world is very insular. If you make the effort to become part of the community quickly people generally are very welcoming, and this has benefits for your business life too.

Another Devon resident here. We moved from Warwickshire in the summer and also live midway between Crediton and Okehampton - so probably not far from @ian33a.
As Ian says, don’t hesitate to get involved in the local community - we have found everyone very welcoming.

Hi Julian.

I'm up in Parracombe near Lynton and Lynmouth. As mentioned I'm hoping to set up a small workshop and work locally. fingers crossed etc.
Hi
I’m just round the corner outskirts of Combe Martin towards Trentishoe. If you fancy a meet up and a chat about all things wood, let me know.

Hi everyone. What a great site this is and I am so happy I stumbled upon it and everyone's great tips and advice. I have recently relocated from just outside West London where I was working in the film industry to North Devon where I am planning on setting up a, (very) small workshop and working locally.
Looking forward to using this site for hints and tips.
Welcome
In a small village just outside Exeter here
perhaps we should arrange a workshop / shed meet-up one day. Plenty of hints and tip on here.

Failte, I'm sure you will find lots of useful info and advice, just don't mention sharpening I mean cream teas and scones

Cream first then Jam unless I've crossed the Tamar then it's the opposite obviously!!

Latest posts

Back