Hello everyone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam321

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m Sam, I’m interested in DIY and hoping to get more into woodworking as a hobby. I’m very new to it, so far I’ve made a few planters, couple or storage boxes and a couple bird tables. Thinking about trying to make a collapsable workbench next.

I‘ve been reading threads on here for a while now. There’s so much useful information! So finally decided to join and hopefully contribute.

Hi, welcome
Thinking about trying to make a collapsable workbench next.
Those are dead easy to make. Just stand a few bits of ply up in a rough square shape ( helps if they are the same height ish ) and pop a bit of board on top... that way, when you are ready ( or the wind blows ) you can nudge it and it'll collapse pretty quickly! Best bit is, you dont even need screws 😆🤣

Or you could copy this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220404-233205_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220404-233205_eBay.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 2
Or you could copy this:

That’s exactly the sort of design I was thinking of. I was thinking something like this with an MFT worktop:

4C9BAF3D-BD3C-4A65-843C-B9BAF370E540.jpeg

Although after searching a bit I’m now debating a knock down design along the lines of this except a little smaller:

FDCA5CDE-510A-4ED7-9CEB-0F7B480B1B76.jpeg

The knock down design looks like would be a bit more sturdy but possibly a bit more hassle to setup and take down.

Back