Hello and proud dad

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinimod

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all, have been looking around here far a few months and thought it was time to say hello properly.
My name is Dominic and live in sunny Somerset. Been into wood worky things since I was kid and now am 46. I have finally got the shed built so I can house my collection of begged, borrowed and stolen kit. She is now furnished with my only big new buy. Braved Yandles yesterday and bought a RP bs250 bandsaw which is big enough for what I do.
Am really impressed with the quality but need to get some bands from Tuffsaws to give it a treat.
Anyway guests arrived so time to be sociable..........dom

whats the best thing about Bridgwater?

the bus that goes to taunton!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry I couldn't resist

I'm in Taunton!

adidat

P.s I have more jokes if you are interested :D

adidat":3q7kikg0 said:
whats the best thing about Bridgwater?

the bus that goes to taunton!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry I couldn't resist

I'm in Taunton!

adidat

P.s I have more jokes if you are interested :D

Oh no, not the bridgwater jokes!

N.F.B. Troy.

32 years in Taunton before I could finally escape to somewhere warm.

where about's in t town? i'm guessing you have heard the nuclear bomb one!

adidat

Posh end of Bridgy though.......... I have Wembdon Road in my address :D :D :D :D :D .......Dom

Funny you mentioned NFB. When my wife first became a chairman governor at school she couldnt work out what the initials in the margins of some childrens paper work meant. I guess it's the effect of the Cellophone factory fumes on Parkway that did it. (homer) :sign3:

Have they finished the roadworks to the white elephant (hinkC) yet.
I like to get through bridgewater as fast as possible

lurker":h8nhlpbz said:
Have they finished the roadworks to the white elephant (hinkC) yet.
I like to get through bridgewater as fast as possible

I think the only reason the council have the road works is to give people a chance to see the sights and take in the atmosphere............even if it is only the number plate and exhaust of the car in front..... :D :D :D

It did once have a Marks and Spencer!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Ps still have the ones at junction 24 roundabout though. Sally Traffic signing off...........Dom

Got carried away joining in with the ribbing.

Forgot to say welcome to the forum.

I think you will fit in round here

Cinimod":3qnxvqkw said:
Hello all, have been looking around here far a few months and thought it was time to say hello properly.
My name is Dominic and live in sunny Somerset. Been into wood worky things since I was kid and now am 46. I have finally got the shed built so I can house my collection of begged, borrowed and stolen kit. She is now furnished with my only big new buy. Braved Yandles yesterday and bought a RP bs250 bandsaw which is big enough for what I do.
Am really impressed with the quality but need to get some bands from Tuffsaws to give it a treat.
Anyway guests arrived so time to be sociable..........dom

Just up the road north of Burnham if you need a hand with anything, or a borrow of anything Dominic. Always happy to help out someone local.

Hi Dom, welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

When you get your new bandsaw, just remember that in addition to the fantasticTuffsaw blades, you need to 'tune' the bandsaw to run smoothly. The folowing should help...

THE BEST FROM A BANDSAW 'Alex Snodgrass of Carter Industries has an excellent video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGbZqWac0jU on a tune up method that works well, but if you want to get the best use of your bandsaw on an ongoing basis, then the Steve Maskery DVD's will show you far more and they are a real investment. http://www.workshopessentials.com/shop/ '.

For checking the tension of your blade - A Flutter test Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8zZuDosSy0

All the best and hope you have loads of fun

Malcolm

lurker":2hxxflyn said:
Got carried away joining in with the ribbing.

Forgot to say welcome to the forum.

I think you will fit in round here

Don't worry about the joshing, you've got nothing on what my kids and wife say to me :shock: :D :shock: :D

\:D/ \:D/ Thanks for the very friendly welcome and offers gents.

Cheers for the links Malcolm, I'm going to have a try at setting the band as in the vid tomorrow as followed the distructions in the Record bumph and it does wander about 2mm when using the mitre...........dom

Back