Hegner Saw Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosscoPCole

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

One of my Hegner saws has started to not switch on properly. When you press the on switch the motor hums as normal, but nothing happens. If you encourage it by manually moving the top arm it comes to life and works fine. I've made sure that everything visible is clean and nothing is clogged up. Not having much electrical knowledge I don't want to strip the motor then discover it is something else.
Any possible solutions will be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.

If Ebay doesn't work out like Myfordman mentioned, I have found cps-farnell.com a good place for electronic spares

Hello everyone.

One of my Hegner saws has started to not switch on properly. When you press the on switch the motor hums as normal, but nothing happens. If you encourage it by manually moving the top arm it comes to life and works fine. I've made sure that everything visible is clean and nothing is clogged up. Not having much electrical knowledge I don't want to strip the motor then discover it is something else.
Any possible solutions will be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.
I had exactly the same problem, but on the motor of my Record Lathe. I tried a new capacitor but still had the same problem.
Turned out that in the motor assembly were some contactors ( a bit like points on an old motorbike). I blasted the motor end grill with compressed air and it cured the problem.
Might be worth a try. Hope this helps.

Back