Problem with Charnwood Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidCr

Reaction score
I have a problem with my W650 Charnwood saw. While using it a few days back, the blade got jammed with some off cut that had fallen in the collector below the blade. When I pushed the on button the blade did not moved but the motor hummed briefly and then stopped. After clearing the obstruction, I pushed the on switch and there is no life, no sound, nothing. I removed the motor capacitor and replaced it, it wasn't giving a reading but still no life. There is definitely power getting to the switch and when I press the green button there is power all the way to the motor. If I release the green button the power supply to the motor stops.

I don't know how one can test the switch or if one can bypass it to test the motor. Reluctant to keep buying parts until I know what the issue is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Hi David,
Out of interest, where was the fuse please? I have the same saw so would like to file that info away in case I get the same issue in the future.

Back