Health Warning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shady

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, it's always the one you don't expect that gets you...

I spent Friday and Saturday heaving garbage out of the way, and then re raftering and boarding our loft to store all the junk that accumulates but can't be thrown away in life...

It was darned hot up there - as in losing about half a stone in sweat hot. No damage from tools, but the mixture of about 12 hours sweating, fiberglass insulation and fine chipboard dust allowed me to realise, after the damage had been done, what it would be like to let someone sandpaper your testicles slowly and persistently... Beware! You really don't want to try this at home. I'm now impersonating John Wayne's walk for the next few days...

SWMBO is highly amused - of course...

Have you suffered long from sensory nerve dysfunction? Or, is it that your bicycle saddle point is set too high and is pinching your pubic nerve? I mean, why on earth did you not feel the abrasion as it happened?? I find fibre glass in our loft makes a definite and unmistakeable prickle(!) as it slides under the skin....

It was darned hot up there

Tsk!.. that'll teach you not to go working naked from the waist down! :shock: :lol:

Ike

Have you suffered long from sensory nerve dysfunction? Or, is it that your bicycle saddle point is set too high and is pinching your pubic nerve? I mean, why on earth did you not feel the abrasion as it happened?? I find fibre glass in our loft makes a definite and unmistakeable prickle(!) as it slides under the skin....

Sigh... Yup, you'd think so, wouldn't you?? I think the damage was actually done by bits of chipboard crumbly dust/flakes: I was too busy scratching at the fiberglass on my forearms to notice the pain 'elsewhere' - until, suddenly, it was all too late... :cry:

Shady wrote:

but the mixture of about 12 hours sweating, fiberglass insulation and fine chipboard dust

I did that job in our last place and its definitely something that I wouldn't do again, ever. That said, you can obtain very good grants to have the loft done by contractors, which is what we've done in our current house - the loft is just a sea of fibreglass about 300mm thick - Rob

Dear God: just to update you all, I'm now on a mixture of antibiotics and anti-fungals (how peverse does that sound?? :roll: ). The (lady) doc who examined me when the pain got too great was brilliant - laughing her head off, but calmly competent and clear on what needs to be done to keep everything 'firing on all cylinders'. Her comment was "No wonder your wife sent you here - I wouldn't sleep next to that either..."

Women - can't live with them, can't live without them....

Balls - don't want to live without them...

Shady, I really do commiserate; swollen, mycelial-ridden undercarriage is no condition a man should ever experience. Please take care, some of 'our lot' contracted Glandular Fever and the old jokes about coconuts were wincingly near the truth. Pray that your Florence Nightengale selected the right antibiotic and Dry Rot doesn't set in....

Shady
I will give you a chance to laugh at someone else.
Years ago on the firestation my brother was on the bells went down one night and the guys ran for the pole. As they had just got up from bed one of them didn't bother to don his trousers he had them over his arm and dived for the pole. The poor unfortunate was wearing a pair of the old baggy floppy underpants which rode up his leg and led to him using one his 'nads for a brake all the way down.
When he got to the bottom he couldn't even lift his leg to onto the truck. The gaffer looked out of the cab and shouted at him to get on until the fireman brandished something that now the size of a duck egg at him and growing rapidly. The truck roared of with the gaffers expletives still hanging in the air. Shortly after when the truck returned they found the fireman still minus trousers just about able to stand with this enormous red spheroid dangling below his trolleys. Turns out he had a really bad friction burn and was out of action for three months. The subofficer told him he was lucky as he wanted to put him on a charge of damaging firebrigade property but the stationofficer was damned if he could see how they could make it stick.

Drew

" The (lady) doc who examined me when the pain got too great was brilliant - laughing her head off" I can guess why she laughed.....

Here's a tip: after chopping up red chilli wash your hands before going for a wee. It burns for about a day and half otherwise.

Reading this thread brings back memories of when working at a colliery in Staffordshire one afternoon shift.

One of the mechanics came into the clean lockers of the baths, reached into his locker for his towel and soap dish, then stripped of and put his things into his locker.
He then reached for his towel and wrapped it around his waist, then let out an almighty scream.
He whipped his towel off to reveal a very large bee trying to get his sting out of the end of his todger.
He kept shouting "Look at it", Which we did, and midst peals of laughter advised him to go and see the nurse.
The nurse having worked with miners for a good many years thought she had seen and heard everything possible but couldn't help falling about with laughter. "What do you want me to do" she asked still laughing.
"Just get rid of the pain but leave the swelling "he replied.

Alan

Oh joy and bliss - undercarriage back to normal functionality: ah... the simple pleasures in life - like being able to walk without screaming in pain, and bending over... :) and, of course, not having SWMBO make the sign of the evil eye at you and run screaming from the bedroom when you stand revealed in all your glory is quite reassuring, too...

Latest posts

Back