Health Warning - fellow members workshops

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Visiting fellow members workshops can SERIOUSLY damage your wallet.

Just spent two fascinating days down with Jason (JFC) learning the best way to make casement windows and other stuff and picking up a whole slew of useful tips along the way (thanks, Jason :lol: )

But now I realise that I MUST have a small Stanley bullnose rebate plane...a set of Japanese saws...a Veritas Saddle Square....a set of carving chisels...another router rebate bearing cutter .....oh yes...and a DAB radio :cry: :tool:

Your lucky we finished late or id have taken you to DandM :tool: :tool:
:lol:
It was great chatting with you Roger and your welcome back anytime :D

Can I be next on the list to visit again :whistle:, I can bring the books on turning and my tools :wink:

roger, you were already on the slope, but taking tuition in it is
seriously warped :twisted:

jason you really must try harder not to roll us down the slope. :lol: :lol:

like colin i need to come in from the cold [-o<

paul :wink:

:lol
jason you really must try harder not to roll us down the slope.

But its fun :lol:

Your both welcome over anytime . Im in the workshop all next week i think , got a big storage and computer unit to make . Its in MDF so bring a mask if you feel you need to .

If I do come over :-k , you do know that you are going to have to take me to D and M :-$ ( I am not sure that is agood idea :roll: ) :D

#-o Please dont make me go there [-o< Im trying to save my pennies for a spindel moulder :tool:

I think the same thing goes for woodworking club meetings. Every time my club has a demonstration on a tool or type of work, I end up thinking I need to buy another tool in order to me a complete woodworker. I'm glad I don't hang out with any of those people who use high end tools.

Its worse for me as i do it for a living so i have an excuse to buy tools :D
Im also single so don't need to explain to anyone \:D/

Jason I will have to come and work as you assistant for two days to help you save for your tools as I checked out your next Legacy last Friday and with the vertical Legacy to come you will need all of your pennies.
Barry

So you got your raiser and incra fence then ? I need this Legacy to pay before i upgrade (again) but then ................... :-k No no no , shut up you lot ! I want the spindle moulder first . :lol:

jason, ah the joys of a single life trying to convince yourself
that you do not want what you really want, or at least not quite
yet. :?

is that as confused as it sounds,well that's the life for the single
woodworker. :lol:

Well if its like that, I think we WILL have to go to the dark side :twisted:

I just might get some more turning tools :-k O:)

Roger Sindon":3hiqj93n said:
Visiting fellow members workshops can SERIOUSLY damage your wallet.
I was at a shop yesterday too. I escaped without serious dosh being spent--a single chisel in fact--see in the hand tool forum.

But...seeing how Dave has built some machinery for special tasks and talking about adapting them to my needs is going to cost...

And to top it off, Dave sent me some eBay links for the parts!
Paul Chapman":3hiqj93n said:
:shock: Well God help those of us who are going to Philly's place :shock:

Paul
Now that's funny...sort of :lol:

Take care, Mike

PS, what a great way to think outside my little world though. Most issues we all face are often solved by others. And for myself, even just talking about problems can open up new solutions. Well, as Roger says, it can also open the wallet... :lol:

come on mike you can't fool us, you went to the bear factory again
to get your wallet back, only it had turned into a place where
they now make japanese style knives and chisels, and you are
trying to convince us that it is safe to visit other places :twisted: :twisted:

so question, if a japanese car is made in america is it still a japanese
car, so if a chisel is made in america is it american, or japanese :? :-k

trying hard to convince the moths in my wallet they ought to come
out and play so i can use the old fashioned white fivers in there :lol: :lol: :lol:

JFC":12drlg1s said:
So you got your raiser and incra fence then ?

Got the Raizer at half price - no box etc. Very bad demo of incra - decided to keep my money.The router plate was the wrong one - now waiting for another from USA - how many months do you think I will wait??
Barry

Latest posts

Back