Headphones

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Holtham

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about stereo headphones? I have a half decent Cambridge Audio HIFi set up and am looking for a set of stereo headphones with a range to suit my old, but excellent, AR speakers. I know very little about audio, so would appreciate guidance from any experts out there. I expect to get what I pay for, sound quality is the main factor rather than cost.

Thanks as usual. :)

Alan

I think i'd be inclined to ask over at AVForums Alan. You'll get plenty of information over there.

Alan
This may not be in the bracket in which you are interested, but I recently had to go out and buy some to replace some that had got damaged in Forein Parts. I was in Maplin and they had a range all wired up to the same source, so you could hear the difference.

I bought a pair for not very much and I am very pleased with them. The fact that I could compare an contrast was a real boon. The most expensive were not at all to my audio taste.

HTH
S

Scrit":6m2t75pq said:
DomValente":6m2t75pq said:
Rule no. 139 - Members may not bring the "Bose Wars" to this forum...... :lol:

As a member of the UN peacekeeping force(dept. of headphones)-{get it?} rule 140 subclause Cii states.
" any member seeking to further the good of or improve the hearing pleasure of citizens may use any or all tools at his/her disposal" :p

Dom

Thanks to everyone. I suspect that it is purely a matter of personal audio taste rather than much else, obviously need to do a bit more research. I'll let you know how I get on and promise not to mention the B*** word, :wink: though a sound recordist i work with doesn't rate them at all, so not much help there!!

Cheers,

Alan

Alan Holtham":282ap57e said:
though a sound recordist i work with doesn't rate them at all, so not much help there!!

Cheers,

Alan

As I suggested I think you'll be hard pushed to find a noise boy who does rate Bose. I've always used Sennheiser but then I'm no expert.

Mike

Try to find a pair of Sennheiser's that are comfortable and match your budget. Chances are you'll like their sound.

I've had a pair of HD230's for over 20 years and they're still as good as new apart from replacing the foam inserts.

Pete

I used to have some Sennheisers (precursor to the HD515). Minimalist design but really good sound quality to my ears. Only thing was as said on replacing the foam pads now and again.

Fantastic sound IMHO for under £50 squid.

Ike

Hi. The best Hi Fi forum on the net is www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/
Funnily enough I pointed a query about routers on that forum to here,
There is currently a discussion about sub £200 headphones at the moment.
I also use Sennhesiers ,my headphone of choice in all price ranges.

Best of luck

Dave

Hi,

Professional sound engineers know nothing about HiFi, stick to Pink Fish.

Pete

Racers":3jvurgu2 said:
Hi,

Professional sound engineers know nothing about HiFi, stick to Pink Fish.

Pete
It could equally be said that HiFi buffs know nothing about sound. Both statements are rubbish.

Cheers Mike

Back