Hattori Rasps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racers

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Chaps

Well here they are.

And close up of the teeth.

I did a quick test after making the handles on the end grain of a piece of 2x2" beech its side lit from the window to emphasise the teeth marks.
The top two are the flat rasp and the crossing rasp the bottom is both sides of the Cabinet Special.

Which I don't think is to bad, with lighter pressure it should leave a finer finish, they cut quite fast the crossing rasp cut on edge very well.
I need a project to really test them on but for the price they look good.

Here is my set up for the close up shot.

My Benbo tripod with my D300 Sigma 50mm macro lens and focusing slide.

Pete

Thanks for the re view Pete.,
I've been waiting with baited breath to see what you make of them.
Can I be cheeky and ask what you paid including delivery for the 3?
I love the setup for the photography.
I'm sure you'll find a project for these soon :wink:
All the best.
Adam.

Hi Adam

£32.39 including delivery so that's about the price of one hand stiched rasp

Pete

Hi Pete,
I can't see from you pics the long rasp I guess is the cabinet makers. Is it stitched on the other side? I would guess is flat at well.
The prices seem pretty good. I have a small liogier which is nice but always usefull to know other makes as well.
Cheers
Danny

Yep, the long one has teeth on both sides.

Pete

I have had mine for about 6 months and am still very happy. It is surprising how many tasks you can find for a rasp when you have one. My only critisism would be the lack of some very finely stitched ones but maybe they are supposed to be a coarse tool

Still happy with them, they do get used for a variety of tasks.
Finer ones would be nice, but I have one of the Workshop Heaven ones that leaves a finer finish so gets used after the Hattori ones.

Pete

Hi

Standing up well working just as good as when I first got them.

Only criticism with them is they could be a bit finer but they do remove wood well

Pete

Latest posts

Back